Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bleeding after D&C

ING
    ING is offline Registered User

Bleeding after D&C

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I've been reading the feedback for a while already.

I recently did a D&C procedure because I had a miscarriage. This is my first pregnancy. I would like to ask if anyone has experienced prolonged bleeding after D&C? I had my D&C done last June25 but I'm still bleeding until now (although very minimal)--Aug7. I went to see 2 doctors--one doctor suspects some retained products and said to do another D&C. Another doctor insists I don't need a D&C and to take hormone pills. But I don't want to mess with my hormones because we want to have another baby again when I'm back to normal.

I'm so confused already. I just want to get well and move on. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

ttc2ndbaby is offline Registered User
    Hi

i had a D&C in november last year and bled for only a week, then got my next period exactly 28 days later.

Seems a bit odd that you are still bleeding.

mommyof3 is offline Registered User
    After a d&c, I had bleeding for awhile - I would guess at least two weeks if not a bit more. I think it may depend on how far along you were?? I was 12 wks along at the time. Best of luck to you during your recovery.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Definitely get another opinion. I had a d&c in between my first and my twins and did not bleed for more than a week and it was extremely light. I had my first period 29 days later. Having said that, I've talked to women who needed another d&c so it's not uncommon and it may very well be the solution after having confirmed there is still tissue left.

Good luck!

josoo is offline Registered User

Bleeding after D&C

Bleeding till now seems a long time. I had a D&C last August and bled for 10 days. My period then came much later. You definitely need another opinion...

Sparkle is offline Registered User
    How are you doing after all these months? I had my D&C last June and bled for about a week, as in a typical period. I resumed my normal mentrual cycle right after. Hope you are doing well now.