Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Twins March 09

chess is offline Registered User

Twins March 09

Just found out that I am having twins - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pretty scared to say the least! I dont know much about what I should be doing re exercise, food and well everything in general. I am only just coming up for 8 weeks so its still very early days but still!!

I am thinking of heading to France to have them to be near my folks. Has anyone else had them abroad and have any advise. I am still registered in the uk so I will get cover under the EU.

Any advise or words of wisdom would be great!!!

Thanks so much.

Chess

Paddles is offline Registered User
    Congratulations!!

My pregnancy experience wasn't the best - lots of morning sickness, hip pain, back pain etc so not the best person to give advice except to say, listen to your body. Get lots of rest and make sure you're eating properly and taking vitamins - really the same as any other pregnancy only it all happens a lot quicker - i looked 6 months pregnant at 4 etc etc..

I would also say, keep in mind what you want to do regarding the birth - here they push you for C-Section the second they see it's twins but i know plenty of people (me included) who've had perfectly good vaginal births without complication, so if that's what you want stick to your guns and don't be persuaded otherwise - just find the right doctor for you.

We did consider going back to the UK to have them, but in the end decided that the care here is really good, and i have insurance so we didn't have to worry about the cost of going private. My mum came out for 6 weeks, and then my mother in law was here after that, so i had help for the first few weeks and i really needed it.

My girls are 9 weeks now and exhausting but gorgeous :0)

doodle is offline Registered User
    Hi
    I'm from the UK and teaching in HK. Twins due Feb 09. I'm starting to get excited... but can't wait for the sickness to pass!

Dink is offline Registered User
    Hi Chess and Doodle - congratulations!! Have you checked out the due Jan-Mar '09 threads (this post is in the due '08 bit)... there are a few of us due around the same time and we are hoping to start getting together soon. Can't offer any advice on the twins front unfortunately, must be mind blowing news!

Catherine
    x

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    Chess....i am going back to Europe to deliver the baby as well. It wans a matter of money but my mum couldn't come for too long so after deep thoughts we decide that i would go back.

I am 5 months now and all going well I will be going home when I am 32/34 weeks...

If you want or need more details just let me know and I will be happy to help

What ever you decide...don't get stressed...you will make the right decision for you and the babies!!

x

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    forgot to say.....Doodle, you have all my simpathy!
    During my first trimester I have lost 5 kilo due to sicknesses but after your 12/14 week they will all go away and you will start glowing!!

Good luck

x

doodle is offline Registered User
    Tigerlily good luck with the travel home! Starting to feel much better now, but did puke a flower bed at the Belchers while waiting for a taxi on Monday morning..... the security guards must have thought I was mad!!!

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    hi Chess (& Doodle).

There is a great group for mothers of multiples (called Mothers-of-Multiples...funnily enough!).

Here is their website, they tend to organise lunches and playdates etc, and it's a great way to meet other twins mums who have survived.

http://www.moms-hongkong.com/

I have twin girls (now aged 15 months)....I TOTALLY freaked out when I found out I was having them, so I know what you're going through (plus horrendous morning sickness). Am happy to answer any questions or be a sounding board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast