Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shaving the head

geomum is offline Registered User
    Neha did your baby cry when the head was being shaved? What kind of razor did they use? Were there any nicks or cuts? I am very scared to get this done because I do not want to cause any pain to my baby.

louisouis is offline Registered User
    A chinese and japanese tradition is to shave the baby's head and use the hair to make a calligraphy brush. Such brushes are very highly regarded and are considered the 'best' brush, in fact you can get baby hair brushes at a very high price in traditional calligraphy shops. It also makes a nice and useful momento for the child when he or she is older. Another mythical fengshui thing associated with such brushes is that if your child does not do well in school you can place the brush at the 'scholar' (wen chang) area in the house and that will help him or her academically. Strange but interesting....

Neha is offline Banned
    oh yeah big time he cried and we tricked him for the back part of the head by giving him a new toy so he was fascinated but later we had to stop and go it took us some time. we did it in india so they used the very old fashioned blade but yes there will be nicks and some part which is not cut properly but we used almond head oil and he was fine he had a shower and came down all dressed for his party and didnt care.

he did cry lot so many people carried him. but if u do it really early in their life people tell us it is much easier as they are not moving as much , some people have done it their sleep ( which i know my son as he is not a very sound sleeper would freak out) but for us tradition demanded to do it at 1.7 years old so he was quite feisty but once it is done they forget about it but u have to put up with a lot of crying,

p.s: we have to do it 3 times so u can imagine how difficult it will be

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Coco, they use proper electric hair shavers in HK so not as big a risk of nicks, although they are of course always a possibility.

Neha, the place we went to wasn't too glam, just a local salon in Jordan but it got the job done, carefully, and rather cheaply too. My mum is currently in Singapore on a visit and will be back Wed. if I'm not mistaken so I'll get the exact address and # off her when she gets back if that's OK with you?

Neha is offline Banned
    thanks nashua852 i can wait

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12