Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helper needed asap twins due march - clearwater bay

chess is offline Registered User

Helper needed asap twins due march - clearwater bay

I am looking for a fun, smiley helper who can fit in and be relaxed around a western couple. I am due in March but would like to find someone to start asap.
    I am expecting twins so they would need to have some nursing, baby knowledge.
    They can live in or live out as wont need them at night time at the moment.
    Also will do basic tasks eg cleaning, ironing, shopping and poss cooking.

Please any recommendations very welcome.

Regards
    Chess

Sage is offline Registered User
    Hi chess,
    I know of a helper whose employer is leaving HK. She has experience taking care of newborn (for her current employers - a western couple) but I'm not sure about twins. I don't know if she has found new employers yet but if you're interested, please send me a PM and I'll let you know her contact details.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Congrats!

Just a tip from a fellow twin mommy. I would make sure you'll get some night help by the time the twins are here. I have 3 kids, including twins and night help was the best money ever spent (and we spend a lot for 7 weeks x 8 hours x 3 times a week in the States) but so worth it. You can't expect your day time helper to be up and running day or night, but I would definitely look at somebody willing to help you out the first 6 weeks or so at night (we had help from 3-10 weeks, my parents were there the first 3 weeks and took care of the day time chores). Not sure where to find somebody but I am sure you won't be spending US$200 a night like we did, so definitely go for it!

mamainhk is offline Registered User
    Hi there,

Congrats Chess and good luck in your search.

Mom2Sophie&Twins :I am also expecting twins due in Feb. I was thinking to employ one helper to begin with. Did not really think the 2nd was necessary (managing helpers is a lot of work, I know from previous experience) but fully respect the experienced twin mum view! What does the nighttime helper do? Since I am the one who will nurse the babies, what will she do to help me? What else does she do during day time or does she become solely responsible for helping with babies. We have a space restriction (live in mid levels) hence the biggest concern as well as having too many people around me.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mamainhk View Post
    Hi there,

Congrats Chess and good luck in your search.

Mom2Sophie&Twins :I am also expecting twins due in Feb. I was thinking to employ one helper to begin with. Did not really think the 2nd was necessary (managing helpers is a lot of work, I know from previous experience) but fully respect the experienced twin mum view! What does the nighttime helper do? Since I am the one who will nurse the babies, what will she do to help me? What else does she do during day time or does she become solely responsible for helping with babies. We have a space restriction (live in mid levels) hence the biggest concern as well as having too many people around me.
    Please let me start by saying that my situation was very different. I lived in the States, had no (live in) helper, so I was basically on my own. In the US it's easy to find a night nurse, who will help you with feeding the babies, changing them, rocking them and putting them back down (it's not just the feeding time ... believe you me, can largely vary on the child). I've spoken to plenty of moms and it easily can take up to an hour (sometimes more) to feed, change and get back to sleep 1 child, if you add another one, and they wake up every 3 hours ... there is not much for sleep left. Mine were pretty fast, and in the beginning we would wake the other one if number 1 woke however at some point you start noticing a difference in sleeping patterns and you have to investigate how long they can sleep etc. Things can get pretty hard then.

I was bottle feeding so slightly different, as I basically didn't have to be there, but I even know twin moms who had night nurses (that's how they call them) just to help with all other aspects during the night feedings TIMES 2! Again, I have no idea whether it exists in Hong Kong, but I would imagine you only have somebody coming to your place overnight, so not staying during the day. I think it's still hard for a "regular helper" to expect her to fully take care of new born twins. I could hardly do it by myself as a mom, imagine all the other house hold chores that need to be done. So if you are more rested then you should be able to deal with the twins as well. Try to talk to other twin mommies who had their twins in HK. This is just my (American) experience. I just wanted to share it. The first 2-3 weeks are pretty easy, twins sleeping a lot ... but once they get older, close to 6-8 weeks it's definitely getting harder. It's just a lot of work, but fun too!

mamainhk is offline Registered User
    Dear Mom2Sophie&Twins,

Thanks so much for the message. Definitely very valuable learnings there.

Chess, I hope I didn't hijack your thread but I am sure you found the reply very informative. I live in Mid Levels so if you are ever around Central let me know we can organize to meet up.

Best wishes

chess is offline Registered User
    Mamainhk,

i would love to meet up are you working at the mo? It would be great to share ideas as this is my first pregnancy and well I feel i dont know what i am doing etc!! PM me and we can arrange a time. Its also good as we are due roughly the same time. I am in central everyday so its easy!

Regards

Santasia is offline Registered User
    Hi Guys,

I too have just found out I am having twins, I am due in March, at first I was so beyond myself, but am slowly but surely getting excited about the idea, reading lots of books on twins has helped and comforted me.
    xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast