Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any Suggestions for Turning Breech Baby?

megan2008 is offline Registered User

Any Suggestions for Turning Breech Baby?

Hello,
    I just had my 34 week appointment and have learned that my baby is still in breech position. I have two more weeks, before I may have to schedule a c-section, for the baby to turn. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been told that accupuncture may work, can anybody recommend a good accupunctuist? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MLBW Guest

Suggestions

Hi Megan,

Do you do pelvic tilt exercizes? These have been known to turn a breech baby. There are also pressure points that can be utilized (hence he acupuncture). As a last resort, there are doctors who are specialized in "manually" moving the baby through a form of massage--but the only type of doctor you want to see for this is one specifically certified to do so.

I recommend getting a copy of http://www.shopinhk.com/husband-coac...-pr-88456.html Husband Coached Childbirth by Dr. Robert Bradley. Inside there is a section on specific techniques to try to move a breech baby.

Hope all turns out well.

Last edited by rani; 08-17-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Maidamess is offline Registered User

Hi there,
    I had moxibustion, a type of acupuncture but it didn't work for me, I also did lots of pelvic tilting exercises, and also my antenatal teacher advised using an ice pack on your bump over the baby's head...it sometimes makes them turn as they don't like the cold! Nothing worked. My baby helpfully turned 2 days before my scheduled C section ie at 39 weeks, so I think at 34 weeks you shouldn't panic yet. Even if they scedule a C section, if the baby turns by itself in the meantime they won't do the op, and you can go the natural way!

aussie mum is offline Registered User

acupuncture

Gianna at IMI is great - very expericenced with pregnancy related acupuncture

www.imi.com.hk

Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions. I have been trying these positions and was wondering....how can you tell if your baby has turned? Is it pretty obvious? Would I know for sure if it has turned? I am not sure what to expect.

MLBW Guest

Oh, one other thing I remember--you can use a flashlight shining on your abdomen as sometimes babies will turn toward the light. :0)

nealyf is offline Registered User

There are a number of things you can try. You want to invert your body so a supported bridge pose or elevating your legs above your heart will encourae the baby to turn. you want to avoid any positions that would "engage" the breech baby such as squatting down to pick things up. if you susupect your baby has urned you may want to see your doc immeidately to confirm this. feel free to email me if you have further questions [email protected]

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, during the typhoon, my water broke and I had to deliver via c section
    :( She was a little premature as I was 35 1/2 weeks. The doctor told me that my water broke probably because she was breech.