Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

a good english speaking baby clinic/dr

bo*
    bo* is offline Registered User

Question a good english speaking baby clinic/dr

Hi everyone, i'm looking for somewhere for my 21mnth old to have a routine check over, she hasn't really had any proper health and development checks since with been in hk.. I have a million questions that I would like to ask so need somewhere pretty friendly and easy to talk to.. I don't want to go to my local dr as I feel that they want you out of there asap so don't really feel comfortable asking them too much.. I would prefer somewhere close to tai po (n.t) but I don't mind travelling.. I'm looking for something similar to a baby clinic or health centre similar to the ones you go to after having your baby for weighing advice etc... Any suggestions would be brill... Thanks to all that reply...

mumbloxy is offline Registered User
    Annerly in Central is friendly and helpful. Not sure if their baby clinics run past 1 yr old though, check out their site at www.annerley.com.hk (tel.2983.1558).

tstmum is offline Registered User
    You could get someone out for a home visit, eg, try Annerley (see post above) or Yvonne Heavyside of The Family Zone (Tel: 9887 3235) and www.thefamilyzone.hk. I've had Yvonne out for home visits for both my kids, and think she's great.

louisouis is offline Registered User
    You may want to try Children at 818. It is in central, the doctors there take their time to explain details to you. They also take a lot care in examining the child, so it really reassures worried first time mums like me.

fhurley is offline Registered User
    If you fancy a day out in Sai Kung there is a great pediatrician there called Dr Sui who does all my baby innoculations, weighing and measuring. She is extremely chatty and thorough. Im not sure if she does developmental checks though. You could phone the surgery and ask she will call you back. She has great English too.
    F

Speculator is offline Registered User
    To be honest, you will find most if not all the doctors in Hong Kong speak excellent English.

bo*
    bo* is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your input and am thrilled about the familyzone info.. It's great to know these services are available as I don't really fancy going to any of my three drs.. Thanks again all...