Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bogaboo cameleon or Quinny buzz...what is the best one?

Tigerlily is offline Registered User

Bogaboo cameleon or Quinny buzz...what is the best one?

Hi Mums
    we spent the past week or so looking around for strollers and we finally narrowed down our choice between the bogaboo cameleon and the quinny buzz...

Since they are both not exactly cheap items, there is anybody who can give us some advises on which one is better?

Thanks a lot

rebekah is offline Registered User

I don't know about the chameleon, but I do have the buzz. I love it however, as other threads wills ay, if you are a slight woman, it is rather heavy, and the wheels are wide, but you do get used to that. I know many people have chosen the bee over the chameleon, as i think it is smaller/lighter.

Tigerlily is offline Registered User

Thanks rebekah! Do you have the 3 or 4 wheels (sorry to be nosy)...
    I read some reviews on a UK website saying that the front wheel of the buzz 3 seems to be driven by satan....which i found hilarious!

we have the 3 wheeler and don't have a problem with steering it.

PregnantHK is offline Registered User

Hi Rebekah...I made the decision to get a Quinny Buzz and am currently awaiting it's arrival in a shipment from UK (hopefully in time for the arrival of my baby, late September!). I didn't get much of a chance to try the Buzz out before buying it and I'm now a little anxious about how I'll manage to collapse it when I get a taxi. How do you find it if you're out and about on your own with your baby? Thanks - will appreciate any useful tips.

Helen

like I said if you are a slight woman it is rather heavy, otherwise it is fine, some say it is hard to close...but i have not had a problem. The trick is to push DOWN rather than forward as you might think. (you'll see what I mean). It fits fine in every taxi I have used. It is a bit bulky with the carrycot attatched, and that has to be removed to close it (did you get that or are you using maxi-cosi at first?) but now that Zo? has good head control we use the seat in a recline position.

PregnantHK is offline Registered User

Thanks for this Rebekah. I'll be sure to practice with it when it arrives. I'm pretty strong and 5'11 so should be able to manage with it. Yes, I got the carrycot but planned to just use this for going on longer walks so baby can have naps and I can get out of the apartment! I also got the maxi cosi and figured that this would be the best option to use if I go in to Central. I'm guessing that it's pretty easy to unclip it to put in the back of the taxi and then just collapse the frame to go in the boot. Thanks again for your reply. Helen