Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Mtr

bbvv is offline Registered User

Yep I agree that the majority of people on MTR, KCR and on the buses DO NOT offer their seats to the needy. I have been pregnant twice and I can count on my 10 fingers the number of times that I have been offered seats - I commute everyday from Mon-Fri to and from work. I remembered standing with 2 other heavily pregnant women and not one person offered their seats to us. I cannot blame that all chinese people are like this - english people are alike too.

The saddest thing is that I've noticed quite a lot of seated passengers quickly close their eyes as soon as I look at them when I was pregnant.

Agree with nicolejoy on the heavy doors too. Pushing a stroller is quite difficult. I remembered people passing through the doors when I was carry my baby and opening the door myself. Some of them even bumped into me when slipping through and never apologize. Real cheek of them - shouldn't they have let me pass through first - seems HK people are all in a rush!

tstmum is offline Registered User

I've been in HK a while now and experienced all the negatives that are mentioned in the previous posts - rarely offered a seat when pregnant, able-bodied people rushing past into lifts leaving me standing on the platform with the stroller, people oblivious that I'm following behind with a stroller through heavy doors and closing the door on my face (or the stroller, actually), etc. However, for a bit of balance fellow passengers really looked after me when I fainted in the middle of a packed peak hour train when about 8 weeks pregnant and suffering nasty morning sickness. They cleared a space for me, gave me a seat and used the emergency call button in the train to call ahead to the next station, where a station attendant met me, helped me to a seat and gave me a glass of water. I was very pleasantly surprised.

monte is offline Registered User

mtr ok with me

I read the original thread on the other forum, and I was surprised. I ride the mtr often with my 5-month son and am frequently offered a seat. I don't mind that people are a little pushy--I don't think anyone has been really rude, and I just get a little pushy myself. I appreciate that the mtr is so clean and so safe!

NAC
    NAC is offline Registered User

It is pretty sad they offer you only a seat when you ask for it!!! (that is my experience). Travelling with 2 small kids is not easy and people are running into to get a seat, even if my little one falls down! Sorry, for me : I hate it and I'm always fighting not to lose my patience and scream to these VERY rude people! I'm not used to this kind behavior in my homecountry

NAC
    NAC is offline Registered User

Oh and an other thing: people never hold doors. They just don't look. In my appartment one kids fingers was between the doors! It's a small thing to look behind you if there is someone, right? Especialy small kids!
    Living in HK for almost 2 years now and every day I'm shocked how people are so rude and selfish!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Scroll to top