Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory


Helper exit to Macau?

  1. #1
    aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Helper exit to Macau?

    Hi, has anyone had a helper exit to Macau rather than to the Phillipines while their papers have been processed? If so how long did it take?

    Our helper's sister is being coerced into returning to the Phillipines by an agency who did not even introduce her to her new employer. If she goes back to the Phillipines they will make her undergo a training course and charge her a lot of money to do so. She has worked before and doesn't need it. It is so obviously a rort. I have heard many helpers just hang out in Macau until their papers are processed and that it is quicker doing it this way?

  2. #2
    rani's Avatar
    rani is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong

    She's here on a tourist visa right? I think she needs to go back home as there are a couple of documents she needs to obtain before she can exit the country to work overseas.

    Taken from the Direct Hire Process. Once you send the visa sticker to your helper in the Philippines she needs to do the following.

    13. the worker/helper should proceed to the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), Name Hire Processing Unit, Household Worker?s Processing Center, located at the G/F, POEA Bldg., (Blas F. Ople Bldg.), corner EDSA and Ortigas Ave., Mandaluyong City, or to the nearest District/Regional Office to submit the endorsement letter from the Labor Attache HK, original authenticated employment contract, visa sticker, plane ticket/TEV and the National Certificate for HSW (NC2 ? on Competency Assessment) from TESDA and Certificate of Competency (on Language and Culture Orientation) from OWWA, together with the photocopy of his/her passport for final processing and issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).

    14. The worker /helper should also undergo a medical examination in POEA Accredited Hospital or Clinic. The cost of said medical examination should be shouldered by the employer.

    15. If all the papers are in order, the worker/helper will be required to attend the Pre-Orientation Departure Seminar (P-DOS) conducted by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).

    16. An Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) will then be issued to the worker/helper and he/she could now book/confirm her flight to Hong Kong, SAR. The OEC would also exempt the worker/helper from paying the Philippine travel tax and the international airport terminal fee

Similar Threads

  1. Getting baby from HK to Macau
    By Mikimoo in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 02:52 PM
  2. Delivery in Macau
    By Mikimoo in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
  3. Macau with kids
    By Buckeroo in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
  4. ICSI in Macau/HK
    By bubbie in forum Preconception
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 06:42 PM
  5. Macau for children?
    By Sara in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Scroll to top