Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how to get china travel card for new born

beachedwhale is offline Registered User

how to get china travel card for new born

Hello!

I am carring a permanent HKID, while my husband is a British citizen w/HKID (resident).

Would you please let me know if I could get the china travel card for our new born baby? How long does it take to get one?

Do I need to get HKID card for the baby first? Then, apply for the china travel card?

Please kindly let me know. Thanks!

Neha is offline Banned
    Are u of Chinese Origin? Or do u have a SAR Passport?
    Babies dont get HK ID cards till their 11 years old

bbvv is offline Registered User
    My son got his China card at the beginning of the month. Since I was born in UK, my son got a British Passport but this cannot be used to apply for a Re-entry permit card (回鄉證).

You need to apply for a HKSAR Passport and HKID first (these goes together) and then apply for a Re-entry permit card after receiving it. With our son, the passport took around 10 working days and the Re-entry permit card 5 days. Go into this link for info on HKSAR passport and re-entry permit card. All done at China Travel Services.

http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/index.htm

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Agree with Neha - babies do not need to apply for ID cards till they're 11.

Is your baby going to be travelling to China frequently? Would a normal visa not do?

bbvv is offline Registered User
    My toddler does not go up to China often but having a china card is for conveniency should we suddenly decide to go.

A normal visa is one where you can apply single or multiple trips with an expiry or upto 3mths I think so there is a hassle of reapplying again. The china card last for 5 years. With a visa you need to go via the foreign passport custom which takes longer - I used to have this before I had kids and it took 40mins as there were lots of foreign travellers. With the china card it took around 5mins as they have lots of counters.

jaykay is offline Registered User
    Applying for a HKSAR passport means you must apply for a HKID card for the child as well, they cannot have a passport otherwise.
    Obviously to get this one of the child parents must be a Chinese citizen. Once you have this then off to CTS and apply for the back home pass.

JoTs is offline Registered User
    Just to clarify - babies DO get a HKID card if they have a HKSAR passport. If no HKSAR passport, then they don't get a HKID card until they are 11 years old.

To get the China home pass, the baby must have a HKSAR passport and at least one of the parents must be chinese.

MLBW Guest
    Question: Can the child have a HKSAR passport and also be a passport holder of another country--for example, USA? Our son was born in the USA. He has US citizenship and holds a US passport but he also has permanent residence in Hong Kong because his father was born and raised in Hong Kong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast