Taking water for formula through security at airport and into Australia
- 08-27-2008, 09:36 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Hong KOng
Thank you all for your help!
- 08-28-2008, 12:38 AM #10
i totally agree with patts. I also travelled with my 20 mths daughter to Melbourne last mth. I carried a flask of hot water and I filled 3 baby bottles with cold boiled water (i carry them in see through plaster bags with milk power). And I didn't have any problems with security in Hkg. For flights to Australia, they have another security check at the airbridge just before you board the plane, and I didn't have any problems. Water should only be baby bottles, otherwise they will confiscate the water bottles i.e. WATSONS.
And in case you're out of luck, don't worry cause they will provide water to you on the plane (i didn't carry sufficient water on the way back from Melbourne). The only problem is you have to get them before take off/landing cause air hostess aren't suppose to leave their sits.
- 08-29-2008, 06:04 AM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
we travelled to sydney a couple of months ago and had no problems with bringing cool boiled water in baby bottles with us on the flight. in fact, hong kong security staff were really helpful and understanding and even let us take through watsons bottled water as they assumed that was also for the baby! on the way back from sydney, also no problems. the airport security rules in hong kong and australia both clearly state that baby products are exempt from the 100ml liquid limit.
- 09-01-2008, 03:25 PM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Hong Kong
I've not had a problem taking pre-boiled water (already in the baby's bottles) through security screening in HK or Australia. I always overfilled them slightly in case I was asked to taste them, but never was. I've also taken small cartons of UHT milk (about 200 mL per carton) through for my toddler without problem.
- By karmah1 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM
- By Pea Soup in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 8Last Post: 12-31-2008, 10:42 AM
- By Eva08 in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 03-31-2008, 12:38 PM
- By Chy in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-2006, 03:42 PM
- By Nuckle75 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 12-15-2005, 12:15 AM