Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so many formulas - which is the best & value for money?

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

so many formulas - which is the best & value for money?

hi,

i am currently using SMA formula (bubs is three weeks old and I have used half a tin) from Bumps to Babes but would prefer to move to a Parknshop 'stocked' brand.

i understand that if i want to make the change, i need to do it quickly.

if possible, can formula using mommies please recommend the best brand which is good value that they buy from park n shop.

many thanks and kind regards, trace

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

any advice? off to the grocery store this pm. :-)

clowe77 is offline Registered User

i started my son on Enfamil at 2 months but I mix it with breastmilk (my milk production was low so I was forced to supplement at 2 months). he likes the bmilk+enfamil combo but i when i give him pure formula he kinda gags on it sometimes - too rich i think, but then again he's not used to pure formula. anyway, i think enfamil has a good following in HK...

aussie mum is offline Registered User

a friend of mine found that Enfamil had too much iron in it for her babies. she switched to NanHA.
    I have never used either so can't comment

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

My US (famous) pediatrician said it's basically all the same as long as its FDA approved (for US brands that is). I don't know what the standard is here, but I had very good experiences with store brands (Target) for my twins and it really made me wonder why I used such an expensive brand for my first.

I've switched back and forth, used free samples that I got and never had any issues, even when they were a little older.

martha.twins is offline Registered User

I've done checkup with my 2 year olds twins yesterday. My twins are in medium size, and my pediatrician told me to stop formulas and give maximum one cup of low fat milk to them per day. I've talked to friends today and all moms are giving milk to their kids after two. I know the point from pediatrician that for 2 year olds, as long as they have balanced solid food and enough fluid, they are fine without formulas. Theoretically, this is correct, and I will reduce formulas, as a supplement.

Most important is to give away using bottles which is really bad for their teeth.

puru15 is offline Registered User

my pediatrician told me that all formulas are the same as well, but my friend's pedi recommended her the Enfa series, and another friend also recommended this to me as the best available..and that's what i've been using. hope this helps! :)

martha.twins is offline Registered User

thanks, puru15. how old is your baby? Mine are 2 years old and they are still taking Enfamil A+ No. 1. I am thinking of switching to No. 2.

Last edited by martha.twins; 08-27-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast