Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My helper available

tan
    tan is offline Registered User

My helper available

Hello All,

We are leaving HK Sept 20th for a new job in Korea and I told my helper I would help her by putting up threads recommending her as a good nanny, helper etc.

Divina has been with us since my now 17 month old boy was born, and she is very good with him. Calm, patient and extremely loving. Will miss having her in our family.

She's started having interviews as we now pack up, I thought we might take her with us on a travel visa while we shift countries but now we will have to cope without her and find someone over there that speaks Korean because I hear that it will be tough for an non-Korean speaking family!

Div has been working fulltime, but we paid for her boarding house as we did not need her all night. She says prefers that now, but also she doesn't mind living in as she used to with previous employers.

Filipina, in her forties, sweet natured and quiet.

Her number is 97732741, mine is 671 20032 if you want to a reference. Cheers x

mamainhk is offline Registered User
    Hi Tan

I would love to talk to her. I will give her a call this afternoon

By the way, I lived in Korea for 3.5 years although quite a few years ago but you do need a helper who speaks the local language and it would be also great if you could learn some (ask for a price, directions, order food etc) simple words.

After I talk to Tan I will give you a call as well.

tan
    Hi MamainHK,
    Great great, please do call me, my mb 671 20032. Would love to get some good advice about places we may need to know - babygroups and toddler classes etc. We'll probably stay in the expat friendly area's but I definitely will take whatever classes in Korean because when we went over there to check it out, gosh it was apparent how much we will need to learn!

mamainhk is offline Registered User
    Just called you but it is 7pm and you might be busy with dinner etc.

I will call you tomorrow afternoon ( I have mandarin classes in the morning).

All the best

Julia

cserena is offline Registered User
    Hi Tan,

Can I know more details about Div? How long does she work in HK? What type of work she does at your home, etc.? Many thanks

tan
    Hi Cserena and Mamainhk, my helper has worked on and off in Hk for over 10 years. She had two employers and then went back home and got married, had a girl and twin boys. Then she returned to hk to work.

Um, what she does in my home?! I work part/sometimes fulltime as a freelancer, so she takes care of my son, and the usual duties like cooking and cleaning, housekeeping.
    cheers x

fennho is offline Registered User
    hi there

is she still available? And is she really open to staying with the employer? Cos i have a 8mth old gal and need someone full time. Since she's in her 40s now, can she handle it?

tan
    hiya,

As a complete side-note, I wanted to make sure Divina had a job just because she has been great with my son. Some of my friends who sometimes make their maids clean the SUV after everyone has gone to sleep after midnight...

But some of the questions people have been asking me have been have been fairly wackadoodle, mostly from hk employers people sometimes calling me after 10.30pm, guess i am leaving Hk and still not used to a few things!

Last note on Div, she's really young looking, strong, and never been sick since we hired her, and works all the time.

Anymore queries please call or pm, too busy from now to check up geobaby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast