Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Joey Safe

sherwes is offline Registered User

Joey Safe

Hi, my 9 month old has grown out of his maxi cosi portable car seat (he is a large boy!). Therefore, I am looking for an alternative. I've researched the Joey Safe online and would appreciate the view of anyone who has used one in HK taxis. They have a 5 point harness but the instructions say that the seat blue should do through the back of the harness near the lower back. Therefore I don't understand why they are better than a lap belt (unsafe I know) and what would stop the top of the torso from flying forward in an accident.
    I have also found something called the Safe Traffic System Travel Vest which does allow the seat belt to go across the front of the torso. However, these are for older children (3 and up I think). Has anyone tried one of these and from what age?
    Any thoughts welcome...

elizaveta is offline Registered User
    Hi, I had similar problem some time ago. I could not find Joe Safe online but instead bought Ride Safer Travel Vest, I think you made reference to it. My daughter is quite big, so we could use the smaller size pretty early on, without major problems. Everyone keeps asking me where I bought it. To my knowledge it is the only travel vest that passed crash tests. You can order it on Amazon, but they do not ship outside US (so we asked our friends to bring it).

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Hi, does the Ride Safer Travel Vest allow for the seat belt to go across the chest of the child or does it connect at the back only? Also, how old was your litte one (or more appropriately how much did she weigh) when you started using it. The vest I have looked at is for older children but my baby is large and also almost walking so I am thinking of buying it to give it a try.

elizaveta is offline Registered User
    Yes, it connects with cross belt. That is actually the only way we use it in a taxi. I dont remember exactly, she must have been around 10 - 11 kg when we started using it. She was "sinking" in it a bit at first and not always happy, but way better than anything else I have found.
    Here is the official website:

http://www.safetrafficsystem.com/