Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby showers in Hong Kong

HKLady0824 is offline Registered User

Baby showers in Hong Kong

I'm interested in knowing if anyone wanting to throw a baby shower for a friend would consider hiring someone to help them with the details of the planning? Not sure how big baby showers are in Hong Kong, but would people find that hiring someone would be helpful?

mrstee is offline Registered User

I thought there was a need for a professional party planner to throw baby showers in Hong Kong, but that was until my best friend who threw a shower for her sister was approached and told that they would only pay $400 for the services. I think for $400, it's not worth your time! I guess people in HK aren't big on hiring help when they can do it themselves or THINK they can do it on their own!

HKLady0824 is offline Registered User

Wow only $400 for services? That seems like a waste of time! I do find it a big hard to find everything I need in one place though. If someone had a good deal going that included everything I'd need....maybe I'd consider! I always THINK i can do everything....but its always nice to be able to find someone who's thought it through first! =)

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I don't know if there would be much demand for someone who purely organised baby showers- I'm not sure that the market for baby showers is very big in HK. Plus with HK being a small place it's not difficult to co-ordinate everything yourself.
    Maybe there would be demand for someone who organised parties, and baby showers as part of that.