Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baby Friendly Resort in Phuket

tallmama is offline Registered User

Baby Friendly Resort in Phuket

i know this question has been asked for many times in the forum, but i'm a new mom here and would like to know if there's any updates on the baby friendly resorts in phuket.

we're planning to take our 7-month baby to phuket for holidays. any baby friendly resorts to recommend (room, facilities, pool, service, etc)? any resorts that can provide bottle steamer? heard that banyan, sheraton are good.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Not sure about Phuket but we stayed at the Shangri-La in Kota K and they were soooo child friendly - the staff were wonderful and the resort had a playroom (three actually) plus an outside play area, sandpit and swimming pool.

I didn't use the kids club but we used the facilities everyday for kids and LOVED it.

So much so that I want to stay at SL again - without kids next time!

patts is offline Registered User
    I went to Phuket a few times last year and stayed at the Marriott as well as the Sheraton Laguna. Both has rather good kids facilities, but the Sheraton kids club seems a bit old and run down(that was last year). Sheraton has a nice "beach" pool for kids with sand.

If I am not mistaken,Marriott has a rocky beach but other facilities(gym, pool,room) are nicer and seems newer compared to Sheraton. I didn't take my daughter to the Marriott(business trip) but I had a peek at the kids club which seems rather nice.

Not sure about Banyan Tree(as far as being kids friendly) as I stayed there many years ago without my daughter, it's very nice though in private villas with garden and outdoor jacuzzi.

Hope you get more info from others!

kara23 is offline Registered User
    We were at Banyan Tree Phuket for a wedding 2 years ago with my then-6 yr old. He was definitely one of the very few kids at the resort and we found out that their pool had no shallow end! so my poor boy ended up playing in the outdoor bath and the jacuzzi pool at our private villa. The staff were great and didnt show any displeasure with children, but facilities were definitely limited for them. We would love to go back without kids though!

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    The Banyan Tree is geared more towards couples only vs. couples with kids. We liked the Sheraton Laguna. Everyday, you can see Lily the baby elephant in the morning around the breakfast area and in the afternoon at the beach area.

The kids club room is so-so, and has a slide, and some sand toys, TV & play area. Upon check-in usually the hotel staff will give you a VIK (very important kid) goodie bag for the little one, so they do try to make the kids feel welcome. There are shuttle jeeps and boats that takes you around the Laguna complex, so you could visit the other hotels or go to the canal shops where there is a convenience store to pick up any necessity.

My son also enjoyed the "beach pool" area, and enjoyed splashing around that area. While at the Sheraton, you can also enjoy some local restaurants at the beach for a reasonable price, the one that most gravitate towards is the Lotus restaurant (they do have a shuttle bus that will pick you up & drop you off if you would rather not walk). Hope this helps.

louisouis is offline Registered User
    Holiday Inn at Patong beach is nice too, they have a kid's club complete with pool, saw lots of kids enjoying themselves when I was there 3 months ago. I have a friend who brought their 2 girls to Phuket 1 month ago and they stayed at Sheraton Laguna and they also had a good time.

tallmama is offline Registered User
    thanks so much for your sharings! i really want to go to phuket but given the current protests, we're worried the situation will still be unstable early oct. we just don't want to take this risk esp we're going with our 7 months old girl. seems like phuket is not our destination anymore.......*sigh....

we're looking at sanya though......any thoughts?

tewjere is offline Registered User
    We stayed at the La Meridian but used the Phuket baby rental service, phuketbabyrentals.com to get a couple items that the hotel did not offer. Worked out rather well. I would recommened both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast