Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Travelling with babies

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    There is also homeopathic jetlag pills which are safe to give your baby called Arnica and cocculus. I got ours in London. It helps soothe them on the airplane as well. Babies should be sucking on something on take-off and landing b/c of the pressure change. Also can you still carry your baby in a bjorn? If so, BRING IT and check in your stroller. I found that in the end, the stroller is such a pain. Practice going to the bathroom too with him in it! Most airplanes have have a changing table that pulls down over the toilet seat (Cathay does), but I would also double-check that too. bring burp clothes and even a small pillow if you need it for BFing.

I BFed my first flight home to NYC from London and had difficulty doing it for some reason....not sure if it was the pressure, but he did not latch on well.....

nic-mom is offline Registered User
    Actually, I never bring a stroller with me when go out, I have always carried my baby in a bjorn. But i m also thinking if i should also bring the stroller along as he's getting heavier now.

Also, any suggestion about car seats? it's mandatory in canada and i do have one. my son don't like sitting in it though, should i bring that with me to canada or am i better off renting a car seat there and so that i can travel light (well, lighter...)

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    we always bring our carseat as i am sort of a hygenic freak when it comes to using other people's stuff. carseats and strollers don't count as checked-in luggage so why not bring your own?

i see. i guess i'll bring along the stroller and car seat.they don't count as checked-in luggage, but i do have to check them in when i check in all my other luggages, right? then, do i need to wrap them or are these items under special care?

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    The stroller you can check in at the gate (no need to wrap) --but you do have to check in the car seat if you're not planning to take it on the plane with you. Would be best if you can wrap up the car seat and let the check-in personnel know that it should be labeled FRAGILE. When we checked ours in on the way back, they had my husband bring it over to a special check-in place for fragile items.

noc
    noc is offline Registered User
    I am wondering, how can you breastfeed during take off or landing? Doesn't the baby need to be strapped in as these would be seat beat mandatory times?

um..good question..haven't thought of that...does anyone know?

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Yes, you can still b'feed with the baby strapped in. The "belt" that they give you for the baby is adjustable and it pretty much just straps the baby in around the waist. You can still get the baby in the cradle hold position and breastfeed him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12