Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Breastpump / Bottles

elodienyc is offline Registered User
    Hi all,
    Thanks a lot for all the advice!
    I'll try to get equipped before the little one arrives!

If any of you is selling a breastpump, please PM me!!!

Thanks!

turtle is offline Registered User
    You can always rent an electric breastpump... much faster than a battery-operated one. Call Celki Medical on 2522 6811 for details, think they are in Melbourne Plaza. Good luck with your arrival xxx

capital is offline Banned
    I didn't and wouldn't buy one before hand. After, I bought a medela hand pump for occasional use, The baby wouldn't take the bottle and honestly, pumping was such a lot of work for little result, I gave it up, it was alot easier to just nurse. If I had spent a lot of money on a big electirc pump I would have been wasting my money. You don't know yet what type of pump you may need. Occasional pumping a hand pump will suffice, if you end up with a premie or needing to pump long term, you are better off with a hospital grade electric pump, if you pump for work but still BF at home, you may want a medela pump instyle, or similar (a step down from hospital grade pumps).

I wouldn't invest a lot of money untill you really know what you want, you can always figure which now, and send someone to buy it after if needed in a pinch. Medela is a good brand and have a huge range of options

danellric is offline Registered User
    One thing to think about....my daughter was picky in the type of bottle nipple she would take. I never dreamed this would happen as my son took whatever went in his mouth, so I assumed that my daughter would do the same. Instead, she chose to starve herself until my return and I'm a working mom. So, if you do choose to purchase bottles in advance, I would recommend only a few...just in case!

Sage is offline Registered User
    Hi elodienyc,
    I have a Medela Pump-in-Style in it's original packaging for sale. I've sent you a PM.
    Sage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12