Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

International Montessori in Ap Lei Chau - DESPERATE

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    Isn't it so tough when your child cries and cries? But of course a new environment a lot of children cry, I felt terrible when I had to be seperated from my children too. Are they allowing you to sit in the classroom with your child the first week? If not, request it, I find they will listen to parents and allow it.

Also I stopped taking my children to the class cause it was upsetting ME and upsetting THEM and instead asked my helpers to take.

Actually i have a long winded word document of these instructions to my helper to help ease my girls into attending class by themselves, pm me with your email address and i'll pass to you....

flo
    flo is offline Registered User
    anybody is sending their child to IMS primary? My daughter is happily enrolled at another montessori centre (so caring and warm). I am considering my options for primary school. Although there are reasons to deter me from considering IMS kinder (see my other posts), since IMS offers the ONLY choice in primary, i am still interested. can someone share their experience?

flo
    flo is offline Registered User
    somebodyfamous, AMI vs. AMS - my parent class instructor is AMS. There is only ONE AMS montessori in HK. All other centres and schools are AMI (including the one my daughter attends). After doing a 90-hour class in montessori, I have strong feelings about AMI vs. AMS. AMI is indeed, MORE rigid than AMS - even the way they train their teachers! Potential AMI teachers are asked to COPY notes by hand because A. they are supposed to remember it better and B. that was the way Maria Montessori did (since there were not printers and computers back then). I have seen my instructors' notes from her school days - you would think it is crazy in this day and age.

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    I have no opinion on that to be honest.

I agree that writing something by hand, you do remember better than typing on the computer though!

We plan to keep them going to IMS till they can go as old as possible. We think in 8 years time, hopefully there will be a great solution for the secondary years OR we wont be here.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123