Maternity Cover of 50k - Wondering to go private or public?
- 09-08-2008, 01:05 PM #17Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Discovery Bay, Hong Kong
I have to disagree and I think costs can easily spiral out of control at a private hospital.
If you have an emergency c-section, costs are usually double what a normal birth would cost. I have had two emergency c-sections- $106k at Matilda; 90k at Sanatorium (fortunetly insurance paid all).
Not only that but if either baby or you need extra medical attention, tests, medicine etc. at a private hospital it all costs extra.
You can not budget for complications or for you or baby needing to say longer in hospital (for whatever reason).
Whereas at a govt. hospital you pay per the day and it is a uniform price regardless of the medical attention, treatment you need. Plus it is so cheap and affordable anyway.
- By AnitaC in forum PreconceptionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:11 PM
- By matrix1 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 25Last Post: 05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
- By Robin2008 in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 0Last Post: 09-03-2008, 01:53 PM
- By AnitaC in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
- By ninahudd in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-29-2007, 09:33 AM