Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where's best for a 18 month old? Sai Kung, Lamma, Lantau, Cheung Chau?

Coby'smum is offline Registered User
    Thanks - will let you know if we do indeed end up on Lamma!

Are there many organised things going on for toddlers... Coby's a very social little lad he loves his nursery and would miss going to toddler groups and things...

Helen

asdasd is offline Registered User
    Here we got a few choices for toddlers-

i. we take turn to hold the playgroup in our houses every week, free of charge of course. Just talk to any parents or helpers if you meet them either at the playground or on the beach or in the village, so far they're all nice to us and I'm sure it'll be easy for Coby to make friends in Lamma.

ii. here only got a few organized things on for toddlers. The Hangout is cantonese speaking but quite international, only hkd600/month, twice a week.

Banyan House kindergarten is a new ENglish speaking one and people told me it's kind of Montessori style, they do classes for toddlers, hkd4000/month, mon-fri.

And there is one called Sandcastle, I don't know the details but I've been told it's good as well.
    Last edited by asdasd; 09-05-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks asdasd! Will let you know and hopefully join you for a splash :)

Current plan (though don't tell the mother in law!) is to make the trip in April and spend a month or so hotelling it while we trek around and see where we'd like to base ourselves...

We have a home on a tiny island in Thailand but are favouring Hong Kong over that because it'd take 2 hours minimum via speedboat to get to a hospital if something went horribly wrong.

If Coby split his head open or something what are the medical facilities like on Lamma?

Thanks do much for your advice so far, Helen

asdasd is offline Registered User
    it's a government clinic here, they'll send u to the closest hospital by helicopter if it's emergency. Few friends of mine tried it before given birth, they said it was cool.

my experience with the govt dr wasn't very good, so we won't go there if there is anything wrong with us during the day, either go to Central or Kennedy Town.

Brilliant - good to know there's emergency provision if we need it. I think that's all for now - thanks again , Helen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12