Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

New in Belchers and HK

swedishmum is offline Registered User

Smile New in Belchers and HK

Hi
    Im moving to Belchers end of september and wonder if there are any playgroups there that I and my then 14months son can join??

I have never even been to HK before so I am eager to get to know people and to find playmates for my son.

See you :)

Dink is offline Registered User
    Hi Swedishmum

I live at the Belcher's, been here about 2 months and I am sure you will love it. Its a great place for children and there are lots of them around, I am sure that if you hang out down in the play room your son will soon make friends! I don't have a playmate for him, we're expecting our first baby in January, but I am at home all day so if you ever fancy a coffee or a companion for outings then just get in touch. I will send you a private message with my email address.

Catherine
    x

JoTs is offline Registered User
    Hi - I live in the Belcher's - I have a 2.5 year old and a 5 month old. I think that there is a toddler playgroup in the Belcher's clubhouse. I haven't been because my son is at Kindy and my daughter is too little! But we have received info in the post box about it.

Before my son was at Kindy, I just travelled into Central or Mid-Levels to playgroups there, not far in a taxi or bus. Belcher's is v convenient - you will love it here.

alibali is offline Registered User
    Hi there,
    I live in the Belcher's too and love it. I have a 20 mth old daughter. Yes, there is a toddler playgroup in the club house- 2 days per week for an hour each time. The class is split by age- under 21 mths and over 21 mths. My daughter seems to enjoy it- lots of singing, playing and a little arts/ crafts. The Belcher's also has a large indoor playroom (padded, jungle gym, etc.) which is handy when it is really hot or raining outside. There are also lots of playgrounds here and a local playground with grass you can walk on (not common in HK!) about a 10 minute walk from here. I also know people who have playdates in their homes- each Mom takes a turn hosting it each week. My daughter is in one of these too. So, yes, lots of playgroups in the Belcher's and in Central. There is also Wisekids playroom nearby in Cyberport- lots of toys, etc. Let me know if you need more info. Cheers.

mjw
    mjw is offline Registered User
    i am starting a playgroup up on the peak on thursday afternoons if you would like to come. my daughter is 20months and there is a 12 month old coming too. the more the merrier!

martha

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hi Alibali, where is the local playground that you mention above that has grass to walk on? Sounds great and they are so uncommon here in HK....

alitraxx is offline Registered User
    Hi, I wanted to revive this post and see if there are any babies or small kids at the Belchers who want to have a play group? My baby son is 9 months old and we'd love to have some babies over for a playdate. Cheers!