Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Party (again)

rani is offline Administrator
    We did a fishing game for Halloween. It gets a bit messy and wet , but the younger kids loved it. Instead of rods, I bought small fishing nets you get at the little aquarium stores. They sell for around $4 in the markets. The kids get to keep whatever they fish out, which is a bonus! You can find the rubber ducks and frogs in the markets too.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Great idea Rani! Thanks. But i have to skip it as i will hold it in our carpeted clubhouse. Once i have that pool, i can do it outdoor later.

I will buy the pool, balls and a basketball ring, so they can shoot it after they play inside the pool. If you have any other ideas on what to do with those balls, i'll appreciate it.

rani is offline Administrator
    We also played the game in a clubhouse. just cover the carpet with plastic tablecloths.

capital is offline Banned
    you can do a fishing game without water. If you have the base full of balls, put the prizes under the balls, little kids wil still like to fish things out with a net, or use those magnetic rods and have magnets attached to the ends of the prizes.

Thanks for the ideas. I'll definetely do the fishing game.

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    I really think 2 year olds are a bit small for organised games. Those seem more for the parents than the kids, from the parties I've been to. 2 year olds seem to much prefer doing a bit of craft, playing with new toys, riding little trikes, blowing bubbles etc.

The fishing game is a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by hkaussie View Post
    I really think 2 year olds are a bit small for organised games. Those seem more for the parents than the kids, from the parties I've been to. 2 year olds seem to much prefer doing a bit of craft, playing with new toys, riding little trikes, blowing bubbles etc.

The fishing game is a great idea!
    As i've said, my guests are from 2-4 years.

I am not planning organized games, we will just place a bouncy caste, pool with balls, fishing rods for the kids to play while the adults chat.

Parents has different opinion whether to give parties or not, esp for 1-2 years as they reason kids can't remember or appreciate it yet. For us, i plan it to have a get together with friends, whether with lots of kids or lots of adults.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12