Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Party (again)

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Party (again)

My son is celebrating his 2nd birthday, i have a venue and food in mind now. I can't afford a bouncy castle due to space. I can't be the entertainer or host. Most of the kids are 2-4 years old. What do i do to entertain them? are there any companies that has play/rent big toys? Or should i really get an entertainer.

rani is offline Administrator
    We limit our parties to 2 hrs. 1 hr for games/activities, and another for food/cake

If you can set up 2 arts and crafts stations. One that ties in to your theme and that they can take home and maybe cookie decorating. And then play 2 or 3 musical games - we've played pass the parcel, musical statues/bumps. If you have a paddling pool fill it up with those big plastic balls for kids to play in. You can also use it to do a fishing game, and kids can fish out rubber ducks.

To avoid tears, don't forget to get lots of stickers or little gifts for the kids who get eliminated from the games.

carang is offline Registered User
    don't know how many kids you are having, but ELC/Bumps-to-babes was having a sale a couple of weeks ago...
    they had a "bouncy" thing on for $550....regular $749.

i bought one for my playgroup and hte kids LOVE it! it can hold about 3-4 kids and then you can take it home afterwards!

i've attached a photo and you can see the Bouncy thing in the background...blue with a colourful ring around the top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

rani is offline Administrator
    Is that the bouncy castle in the back?

Neha is offline Banned
    I dont know where u live, But if u had the party at Bishop Lei on Robinson Road they include the bouncy castle and lots of toys also

carang is offline Registered User
    yep, rani that's it in the background...it's got a heavy duty base that takes about 45 minutes to inflate with an electric pump and the blue part inflates separately as does the ring. it also comes with a little "slide" for the entrance hole...

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I know that many people in HK feel pressure to put on entertainment, hire entertainers, bouncy castles etc at birthday parties but for a 2 year old I think it can be over kill. For my son's second birthday (this year) we did simple old school activities like pass the parcel. We put a few parcels into the circle at a time so everyone won prizes and it kept their attention. Everyone had a great time, the party was relaxed and none of the kids ended up in a fit of tears!

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Cara, That's nice, i'll check out B2B if they still have it.

Hi Neha, i've read good reviews on that place, but i live in Lantau so it's not convenient for my guests to go to Robinsons Road.

Hi Rani, Yes, i thought of buying that pool with plastic balls inside and just let them play while adults chat. How about the fishing game? are there rods that i can buy? how do i go about it? Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast