Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

7 month baby hasnt had bowel movement in 4 days, is this normal?

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    we are still battling the eczema, but with progress. we are trying to avoid medication as much as possible so fingers cross. so far it is working.

i did a few things:

- stopped feeding him the food i was introducing that week. unfortunately, other than rice cereals, he seemed allergic to the 3 other food we introduced, which were, sweet potatoes, avocado and apple. so we are back on cereals again till it clears up.

- for his face, i'd use a clean, damp towel to wipe, then apply almond oil to lessen the dry skin. 3x a day. i checked his beddings, and threw out the linens that were rough or had become rough due to wash. because my baby loves to rub his face and arms on them to relieve the itching and this in turns aggravates the situation.

- clipped his nails so that he wouldnt scratch. mittens dun work for him, cos it drives him bananas not being able to pick up toys.

- for his body, after bathing him, i apply almond oil all over and dress him up in a full sleeve, long pants onesize. this keeps the moisture in, but i make sure the air con is turned on, with a glass of water in the room, to lessen the drying of air.

- endless vaccuming and cleaning :|

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Pixelelf, I have a similar situation - a six-mth baby who pooped daily (and often more than once a day) when he was exclusively breast-fed, up to 5-1/2 mths. We started solids a couple of weeks ago (first cereal, then carrot, sweet potato and pumpkin) and he now poops every other day, sometimes going for 2 days without pooing.

I'm not sure if it's food-related or if his digestive system is adjusting better but for the past few days, he's started pooing every day again. But we just started him on pumpkin, and I'm told that pumpkin (like papaya?) helps promote pooing.

Bubs also has some eczema - which I thought wasn't too bad but the doctor on his six-mth checkup told us to avoid cow milk products (which tends to exacerbate the condition). We sometimes use Unicort (cortisone cream - doc prescibed) if it's bad (when it turns red and seems itchy). If it's just dry patches and not too bad, I use Physiogel AI Cream which is not medicinal and seems quite good at alleviating the problem.

thanks ladies! he poo-ed on day 7! and now he's back to the normal every 2 days elimination. dunno what i did right or wrong... but the rashes on the hands and legs still stays...

sprawld is offline Banned
    hi Pixelelf.. are the rashes on your LO still there? mine is still here and i constantly have to use steriods on him.. am so worried that it'll retard the LO's growth. I tried Physiogel AI cream as well. It seems to reduce redness but not rid the itchiness on the skin....

hey sprawld,

the face cleared up alot, though as the day gets on, he does looked flushed. his legs... still there. it cleared up after we stopped the sweet potatos but came back cos i tried baby legs on him which brought the "troops" back. im gonna head down to mannings to try Oronine (made in Japan). it's supposed to be non-medicinal...keep you posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12