Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

C- Section in Matilda

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

C- Section in Matilda

Hi

I need to decide on the type of room I would like to confirm.

I am having a c-section in Nov in Matilda.

Would like to know if anyone have any previous experience and what is the cost like for a pre-arrange c-section.

Please also advise the type of rooms you are in.

beckveldman is offline Registered User
    The Matilda has a "Client Relations Manager" with whom you can make an appointment to visit the maternity ward, and see the rooms for yourself. She will also give you a full Information Kit with up to date pricing. Just ring the main number and ask.

A scheduled c-section last November in Private Room ran to 50k, not including anaesthetist charges, paeditrician fees (one must be present at a c/s) and of course, your OB fees. The fee schedule from last year says that choosing a Twin Room would have reduced that to 32.5k, or the Standard Room (4 bed ward-type room) 27.5k. Note these charges are during "normal" hours and also an emergency c/s (less than 12 hours notice) is charged higher.

I found the quality of the midwifery support and general arrangements for care of me (meals, room etc.) excellent. The midwives were easily the equals of those I had met with my first child at a top maternity hospital overseas, in terms of fantastic support for breastfeeding, support for having baby room in with you etc. And even though the hospital was very busy (full) when I was there, I think the staff ratios must have been a little higher than my previous Australian experience, as there was always a midwife on hand when needed, and very quickly too.

Definitely a fan of the Matilda for a nice, term, uncomplicated birth. Shame they don't have extended facilities for Special Care of newborns, that would make them so much more attractive.

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    Thank you very much for your experience and tips.

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    The pricelist for the Matilda is on their website - the link to the packages is here: http://www.matilda.org/pricelist/pricelist.php

I had an emergency c-section at the Matilda in April 2008 and in addition to the hospital charges (HK$68,000), my ob. charges were HK$48,500, anaesthetist charges HK$14,000 & paed. charges were HK$10,500. All up with some further tests/labs etc the total cost was HK$150,454.

I had a great experience at the Matilda. I had a private room which was fantastic, the staff are wonderful, and the food is delicious!!

Definately ask for a tour of the rooms to help you decide - the clients relationship manager is Inty Ting and her email is [email protected] or phone: 2849 0355. I had a tour of the hospital and rooms with her before my delivery and she is lovely.

Belinda
    Last edited by joshsmum; 09-09-2008 at 11:27 AM.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Planned c-sections cost quite a bit less than emergency. I think we paid $100k or a bit more for a planned c-section (albeit with only one day's notice!) and private room. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I loved the food too Joshsmum! Good old school home style cooking.

JoTs is offline Registered User
    I had an emergency c-section in Matilda in March (private room). My bill at the end was $127k (luckily our insurance paid the whole thing) - obviously didn't include ob antenatal visits.

I can't recommend Matilda more - it was just fantastic. The midwives are great, they really care - and the food was delicious!

I didn't want to leave!