Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DBIS & ESF kindy tung chung

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    Beacon Hill, Kowloon.
    Pekkie, how do you manage with feeding your daughter lunch? We were offerred an afternoon place, but decided to turn it down as I thought that trying to get my son eat his lunch at 11am was not viable. (We live at Penninsula Village, so the bus ride would be more like 40 minutes).
    Last edited by Jo Bowd; 09-15-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Just wanted to comment on the difference. As a Dutch with US/Dutch children, I think the Anglo Saxo system starts things way earlier than e.g. in the Netherlands. My 4 yo is starting to learn letters, writing, reading, etc. something she would not learn until age 6 in the Netherlands (she already started at preschool in the States at age 2-3). Most of my friends tell me they're usually ahead of their Dutch peers age 4-6, but very same level at age 7-8. Starting earlier isn't wrong or right perse but it doesn't mean they'll be quicker in the end, KWIM? It's just a different approach.

Pekkie is offline Registered User
    Hi Jo, yea.. indeed it was a challenge feeding lunch at around 11.15am and dinner at 5.30pm. For the first 2 weeks when I was at school with her, I had lunch and dinner the same time with my daughter too. I would say it wasn't really that difficult, for the first day though the hunger pang strikes at noon even though we had lunch at 11am! But it took only a few days for us to get used to the new lunchtime. Besides, the school offers snack time around 1-2pm (the children are free to eat if they are hungry)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12