Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problem with the Friday Scones!

7807 is offline Registered User

Problem with the Friday Scones!

Arghhh, why do people have to make life so difficult! You wouldn't believe it but the mandarin won't take reservations for over 8 unless a $100 per person deposit is made. Considering we'll be there for late afternoon tea this seems pretty crazy (may not even crack the 100) and considering we're all pregnant and can't be totally sure we'll be there, it's even crazier. I guess that's what they're protecting themselves against, unfair for us though! She said we should just do a walk in but I think if we're going to not book, a more casual place is the way to go. Anyone got any good suggestions...I'll rack my brain and get back to you.

Sucellia is offline Registered User
    Hi 7807

I used to meet up with other pregnant mums (total 15-20 mums!)at Grand Hyatt (Wanchai) for afternoon tea. It is spacious and staff there are soooo nice to us. We even went there again and again after babies are out of our bellys. (They reserved enough space for everybody's stroller to be able to fit in!) Their food and drinks are sooooo yummy, too!

I know it will be more than $100 if you want to have a afternoon tea buffet but you can simply order drink only.

Sucellia

7807 is offline Registered User
    Oh thank you for that, always handy to know the baby friendly places! Was it Tiffins that you went to? It's not $100 that's the problem (easy to tally up $100 worth of treats when there are pregnant ladies around), it's the paying before you've even had a chance to enjoy the treats or get to the venue that's the problem. Thanks again, Sucellia!

Sucellia is offline Registered User
    Hi, 7807

Yes! I meant Tiffins! Their afternoon tea buffet is superb! All the mum to be with huge bumps enjoyed every mouth full! I surely did enjoy it!

Their staff is very kind and understanding so I am sure you will have a great service. As well, there is a bathroom with changing table so even after baby is born, you can go there and enjoy the time!

Well, have a great time.

Sucellia

nino is offline Registered User
    I am actually heading to the Oriental this afternoon (nothing wrong with daily treats, right?) for tea. Where did you try to make the reservation? At the Lobby Lounge or the Coffee Shop? I don't mind putting down the deposit, just let me know how many we're expecting. It was for 4.30, right?

nino is offline Registered User
    Me again, just noticed that they want $100 per person!! That's actually kind of crazy - I can't imagine everyone would even spend that much if they just want tea. With so many "maybe's" and the possibility of no-shows due to pregnancy forgetfullness, it may not be worth it.
    Maybe another venue? Or chance it? Or reserve for fewer people and just try to deal with it?

Smiles is offline Registered User
    I was going to suggest the Press Room on Hollywood Road..but I have a feeling they only do scones on the weekend. I'm sure they might have other treats!?
    Grand Hyatt at Wan Chai might not be a bad idea....?

ninahh is offline Registered User
    i think grand hyatt is a good idea. lets try it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast