Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Cloth nappies vs. Diapers - which one do you vote for???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Cloth Nappies vs Diapers??

mushi is offline Registered User

dear cyberfish88, i wash the soiled nappies with hot water a little detergent, then soak them in hot water with detergent for atleast an hour or two. my maid washes them off again and hangs them to dry. on sundays i collect all of them in a hot tub of detergent (after the pre-wash) and then put them in the laundry ina single load. mind u i also use plastic nappies on top of cloth ones and those i hand-wash only.....it sounds complicated but it is pretty simple once u set a routine.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

I'm using the Fuzzi Buns diapers, they are sooo easy to use, and also to put on a crawling/moving/sitting/standing baby (I know what you mean MLBW ;-). Once they are dirty, I just rinse them and put them in a plastic bag (a sort of beach bag, with a hard bottom), and it's ok for 2 days. When I got all of them dirty, I put them in the washing machine, and wash them with my usual detergent (I use Ecover) and no softener.
    I'm using them for 3 months now, and they are as new as the first day.

Matty is offline Registered User

Hi Cyberfish88,

I just put my wet and soiled nappies in a plastic container with an airtight lid (bought from Japan home centre).
    No need to soak in anything, I just add a wipe with a little tea tree oil to control the smell.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

Thanks mushi, frenchy and matty for telling me how you handle the wet diapers! That helps a lot!

zoey is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmum View Post
    I started off using disposables with innocency in cloth nappies really, until a friend recommended me using a brand that is manufactured in Canada, because all the other brands (including US & UK) available locally are made in China or Turkey, which is something I'm quite concerned about the quality & standard.

Though knowing that there are lots of benefits in using cloth, I wouldn't be so sure whether I would still opt for it if I don't have a helper ;>
    jjmum,
    Which Canadian brand is that? And where can I buy them? As I don't want to buy anything that's made in China. Thx.

dimsum mum is offline Registered User

we used the canadian brand motherease for our son.
    http://www.mother-ease.com/

we were so impressed with these nappies.

you can buy them used on ebay, which i did. their outer "plastic pants" are brilliant, and i especially loved the flushable liners. perfect for catching poop and preventing stains. i highly, highly recommend motherease.

pixelelf is offline Registered User

heya,

im considering to try out cloth nappies for my 7 month old, and have questions that may sound silly...

does it mean that every time the baby pees, i change right? otherwise that defeats the purpose of cloth diapering? (to keep the bottoms dry n no nappy rash)

will it be such that every time my baby pees, it will be too much and the nappy cant hold and so it leaks?

or is this a change every 2-3 hour routine?

thanks very much!

jjmum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsum mum View Post
    we used the canadian brand motherease for our son.
    http://www.mother-ease.com/

we were so impressed with these nappies.

you can buy them used on ebay, which i did. their outer "plastic pants" are brilliant, and i especially loved the flushable liners. perfect for catching poop and preventing stains. i highly, highly recommend motherease.
    zoey & dimsum mum,

You can get Mother-ease locally at Citysuper or Wing On. I think it's better than buying through mail order since you'd be able to see the actual product. Yes, highly recommended, no leakage so far.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast