Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Cloth nappies vs. Diapers - which one do you vote for???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Cloth Nappies vs Diapers??

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    will it be such that every time my baby pees, it will be too much and the nappy cant hold and so it leaks?
    It hasn't happened to us so far. You can actually increase the absorbency of the diapers by using additional liners.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelelf View Post
    heya,

or is this a change every 2-3 hour routine?
    We just switched to cloth nappies for my 2yr old son since he almost always poops in the toilet now. We change every 3hrs. Ours has a fleece lining that keeps his bum pretty dry.

We do have occasional leaks overnight - when he wakes up in the morning but we had that same problem with disposables so i'm ok with that. we are using Fuzi Bunz

I haven't brought myself to try the cloth diapering with my 9mth old....he is still in disposables.

Koan is offline Registered User

We use cloth nappies, my son is 12.5mnths old and we've used them since he was just over 2mnths old. We use shaped nappies (pockets and fitteds), cotton flats, cotton prefolds and bamboo prefolds.

The shaped nappies are fairly expensive, but cotton prefolds are a cheap and easy alternative. They cost about US$20-30 a dozen (for good ones), and dry very quickly, even in HK humidity.

pixelelf, it depends on how heavy a wetter you have. If you have a heavy wetter, I'd recommend using a more absorbent material like hemp or bamboo. Like buckeroo said, you can buy boosters/doublers if you need them.

I'm very glad we switched to cloth. My son has eczema and sensitive skin, but has never had nappy rash. Plus cloth nappies are cute and fluffy laundry is fun!

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

I'll be going the reusables route and have purchased Bambino Mio. They don't look as bulky as cloth and more resemble disposables so should be OK under clothes.

I worked it out to be much cheaper than exclusively using disposables, but obviously have to factor in the cost of washing which will be 3 times per week, if you purchase enough prefold nappies to last 2-3 days.

Naturally I'll also cheat and use disposables when out and about!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

That's how we do it, too. Reusables at home and disposables when out. :)

Koan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by happyvalleygirl View Post
    I worked it out to be much cheaper than exclusively using disposables, but obviously have to factor in the cost of washing which will be 3 times per week, if you purchase enough prefold nappies to last 2-3 days.
    I don't think you'll notice any difference in your water or electricity bills. We haven't.

jjmum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeroo View Post
    That's how we do it, too. Reusables at home and disposables when out. :)
    same here!!

chelle_law is offline Registered User

I just saw this thread and wanted to chime in that I am a cloth diapering mamma as well. My son 19mos and we have been cloth diapering him since he was 3 mos old. I love the cloth diapers and don't have any problems with washing, etc. We use the AIOs (all-in-ones) which means they have the waterproof liner on the outside so no covers needed. They have velcro closures so it really is just as easy as putting on a disposable. In between washes I just put them in a plastic bucket with a snap lid. I do a wash every other day. Its so easy. We only moved to HK a month ago so I brought my diapers from the states and haven't really found where to buy any here yet.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast