Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Cloth nappies vs. Diapers - which one do you vote for???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cloth Nappies vs Diapers??

mushi is offline Registered User

Cloth Nappies vs Diapers??

I am a big fan of the traditional cloth nappies....not only are they environmental friendly but are also more comfortable and rash-free for the baby.....moreoever you can toilet train yr baby so much in advance since u know the pee-pooh pattern of yr baby.....just wanted to know how many people think like me....not many i assume :)

kmalia is offline Registered User

Baby is due this November, so i have no practical experience, but am planning to go cloth. For all the reasons Mushi mentioned, plus, they have come up with such great designs that work just like disposables, except of course you don't throw them into the trash!

There is a FREE cloth nappy workshop being held this saturday (20, Sept.) through http://www.doubibou.com/

MLBW Guest

I was very ambitious about using cloth diapers with my son--for the environmental as well as economic benefits. However, I discovered that my son is very difficult to change--to try to get a regular disposable diaper on him is often a big chore--and it doesn't require any special folding etc. The nice pre-folded diapers are really great but they are often 2 times or more expensive than the standard cloth diapers. The only way I would be able to ever do cloth diapering with my son is if I used the prefolded type. After doing the math, I discovered that using disposable diapers is actually cheaper in the long run than using the prefolded diapers. Plus, I don't have to deal with scraping poop off of diapers, soaking them and washing them--especially in the humidity of Hong Kong and then hanging them to dry. (I don't employ a helper to do these tasks for me--I am "the helper" as well as "the mommy"). At this point I don't plan to have any other children so investing in $900-1400 USD in cloth diapers that in a matter of a year or two I'm going to have to throw away just didn't make sense to me.

rebekah is offline Registered User

I started my baby on cloth when she was in the medium size. I was feeling better and they are certainly better for her skin, and i find they really are no more work, just one load of laundry a day (or less if you choose), i throw them in when she goes to bed and has her night time diaper put on.

crystal88 is offline Registered User

It will turn out to be a lot cheaper esp if you are planning to have #2...#3.....

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal88 View Post
    It will turn out to be a lot cheaper esp if you are planning to have #2...#3.....
    What is the life span on a cloth diaper? If you have 3 kids, do you need to replace the diapers by the time you get to #3? Is it hygienic to keep using them for each kid?

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    I started my baby on cloth when she was in the medium size. I was feeling better and they are certainly better for her skin, and i find they really are no more work, just one load of laundry a day (or less if you choose), i throw them in when she goes to bed and has her night time diaper put on.
    Do you have access to washing your diapers in hot water or just use an antiseptic? How long do you find that the diapers take to dry in Hong Kong or are you able to use an electric dryer? Do you do all the washing/drying yourself or do you have help?

noc
    noc is offline Registered User

I have a couple of cloth diapers which my baby seems to really love, but they are so bulky, I can hardly fit any of her one-piece clothes on top.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast