Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help! My baby is biter!

Sucellia is offline Registered User

Help! My baby is biter!

Hi, I am a mother of 1 year old boy.
    He has 8 teeth now (4 on the top and 4 on the bottom).

He recently started bite me a lot and it hurts soooo bad.
    He bites my chest area, arm, shoulder....wherever his lip touches. (He also bite his daddy.)

We tell him "NO" in serious tone while looking his eyes but he thinks it is funny and some kind of game. We know he is not doing it because he is frustrated or try to retaliate.
    (He usually rub his face on my skin and then bite!)

We are trying not to react to his bite but it is really hurts and we cannot just let him continue to bite. But we do not know how to make him stop biting us.
    (We gave him teether but he is not interested.)

Has anyone experienced this? How did you stop your baby to bite?

Sucellia

mel_g20 is offline Registered User
    Hi, my daughter started biting from an early age too.

I think you are doing the best thing in your reaction. I dont think he understands that it hurts you. One extra thing you could do, is when he bites, do as you do now, plus simply pop him on the floor say `no that hurts' firmly and walk away. i.e. no hugs or physical contact for a minute or so.

He will understand that biting means no cuddles, and babies love the physical contact from their parents.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Sucellia is offline Registered User
    Hi, mel_g20

Thanks for your advice! I will definitely try that when my boy bites me next time.

Yeah, I think he does not understand biting hurts and he is simply enjoying our reaction. I hope he will strop biting my husband and me soon!

Thanks again!

Sucellia

Scroll to top