- 09-22-2008, 11:43 AM #1
hi, after the recent nightmare that occured with babies in China i canlt help think about them everytime i am mixing formula for my son. i currently use NAN1, however i have been told that Enfamil is a 'healthier' choice....any views/experiences? should i make a switch?
- 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- sheung shui
I am using NAN 1 too and saw that they are pulling Nestle from the market (Park n Shop and Wellcome) have you noticed your child reacting to the formula or does he seem normal. My daughter seem constipated from it. I am really concerned about this. Please advice.
- 09-22-2008, 02:32 PM #3MLBW Guest
I think it is pretty common for babies to get constipated from formula--especially when they first start drinking it. The solutions I've heard are to give the baby more water--however, my son was unwilling to drink water up until recently--so we added more water to his formula. Also we mix pureed prunes into his cereal and that has helped tremendously.
I hope that this problem gets better for you.
- 09-23-2008, 03:40 PM #4
well teh article said they r pulling out some other brand of Nestle milk poweder the one made in china.....i checked my NAN 1 ...it says made in germany.....so i hope i am safe.....i also wentt o P&S today and the NAN 1 and Nestle rice cereal were still being sold so i guess all is ok.
yes they do get constipated and like MLBW mentioned add more water
- By LEMJ in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 10Last Post: 09-02-2009, 07:42 PM
- By chrissy2 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
- By samanlee in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 4Last Post: 09-12-2007, 07:32 PM
- By mammalicious in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 10Last Post: 02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
- By mammalicious in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 6Last Post: 07-19-2005, 08:45 AM