Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Looking for afterschool tutor for special needs child...

inmtn is offline Registered User

Smile Looking for afterschool tutor for special needs child...

We have a 5 year old boy who is special needs and attends Sarah Roe School in Kowloon (though we live in Midlevels). We're currently looking for a nanny/tutor interested in spending a couple of hours afterschool (between 4pm to 6pm), 3 times a week (ideally) to help him out with his homework lessons. He is cognitively between 6 to 18 month range and is also visually impaired (low vision). Although someone with a special needs background would be a bonus, it is not a requisite. Anyone who has warmth, patience and the passion to teach, as well as willingness to learn about our sweet, natured boy would be perfect. His lesson instructions are very straightforward, as they include simple toddler literature/stories for literacy, simple maths (e.g. stacking cups by size, sorting shapes, puzzles), and simple self-help skills (e.g. pulling up socks, taking off shoes, combing hair, brushing teeth, getting ready for bed). If you'd like to learn more about our situation and are interested in meeting him, please reply to this posting by providing a short, personal background outlining experience, availability, and hourly rate expectations. Thank you for your time!! Please don't hesitate to raise any questions/concerns either!

jip is offline Registered User
    hong kong

special needs tutor

Hi, I am an experienced special education needs teacher. I have a couple of years of teaching SEN kids and I am now working in a setting which provides training for SEN kids. I graduated with a psychology degree from England and I have also got a Professional Certificate of Teaching Special Needs Children. For any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]