- 09-25-2008, 07:24 AM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Hong Kong
I am now 3 days overdue and visiting princess margaret hospital today. I want to ask the doctor to induce the labour now as it is getting too much for me. It is too heavy and very painful. Do you think this is possible or anything i could say to them to help me?
- 09-25-2008, 08:24 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
It all depends. Are you dialated? Is this your first child? If you're not dialated and this is your first child, it is not unlikely that induction will fail and you end up with a c/s. I went 9 days late with my first, was 1 cm for some time, they scheduled mine for 13 days late (usually 14 days max depending on weekends, doctor availability etc; however my kids were born in the US). In the end I ended up going into labor myself, it's a better route to go, so I would just wait it out unless you are dialated and this is not your first one). Mine was over 9lbs so I know what I am talking about.
With the twins I was induced, which usually happens at a minimum of 38 weeks unless there are medical issues) and because I was 4 1/2 cm already (without going into labor) and had a child before it was very smooth and fast. In their case, I gave birth to 15 1/2 lbs (7 kg) of baby, 12 days early, so again, I know what it's like to carry a lot of baby.
So far, you're only 3 days. If the baby and you are doing fine, you're not even dialated, I would just give it a few more days, and let nature do its thing, but that's just my personal opinion and experience.
- By New to HK in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 7Last Post: 03-15-2010, 05:54 PM
- By miriam228 in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 0Last Post: 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM
- By pearldots in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 5Last Post: 05-25-2007, 05:52 PM
- By lunita in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 11-23-2006, 01:43 PM
- By hkaussie in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 04-23-2005, 10:08 PM