Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First doctors appointment and booking a hospital

momofthree is offline Registered User

I saw my doctor at 6 weeks with this pregnancy but my room was only booked at 9 weeks.To my knowledge the Matilda will only take a booking at 9 weeks and accompanied by the relevant blood work.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by ninahh View Post
    i went to the doctor as soon as i found out that i was pregnant. we had a scan and could already see the heartbeat. at this time i was only 6 weeks pregnant. i also booked the bed straight away. it wasn't a problem to book the bed that early. just go if you feel like going, i don't think any doctor will send you back home. it is such a special think and it is only normal that you want to be certain. congatulations and good luck
    I agree that you can see h/b. My twins were discovered at 6w4d with 2 h/b (early check due to previous m/c). As for certainty, unfortunately there isn't in the first trimester, I guess there never is, but again, m/c rates are high (20-25%) and docs and nobody else can prevent them so that's why most doctors usually see patients that early, unless there are medical reasons (be sure to tell them when you call!). I miscarried at 11 weeks, lost the h/b at 9-10 weeks. I am not saying this to scare you, I had 2 beautiful children soon after, but it's reality.

HappyV is offline Registered User

Actually, a really good OB will often to blood work and a scan as early as possible, You can see the fetal pole from as early as 6 weeks. A heartbeat from 6+.

If blood work turns up an issue (ie. antibodies of indication of an immune or blood disorder) then early treatment can lessn the risk of a miscarriage. So it's a bit of a misnomer to say that you 'can't see anything' at 6-8 weeks. By eight weeks I had three scans already to be able to plot the course of treatment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12