Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need some advice!!!!!

  1. #1
    h2o
    h2o is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KT
    Posts
    12

    Need some advice!!!!!

    Hi everyone,
    I am 31 weeks pregnant with my second baby and yesterday our Dr. told us that my baby is almost 2kgs now.i.e overweight.baby should be around 1.5-1.7kgs.
    anyway she asked me to cut down on my sugar and salt as baby will gain wt. rapidly in coming weeks.which is ok.
    but along with that she asked us to consider having c-section.my first one was cesarean too due to some complication.This time i really wanted to go for natural but now i feel she is discouraging me.
    she also said i might have some scars in the uterus if i choose to have natural which i did'nt understand.we have 2 weeks time to decide on it as according to her we have to make another booking for c-section.
    your advice and experience has always helped.
    i really hope this time too....
    Thanks for reading and advising.

  2. #2
    rebekah is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pokfulam
    Posts
    352
    Those are only estimates and can be off by 10% on a good day. Also, size of the baby has little to do with ability to birth naturally, as it is mostly fat, and fat is squishy!

    If you really want to go naturally, try.

    I thought I wouldn't be able to go naturally, as I had broken my pelvis as a teenager ( I DID have an epidural, but that was my own choice) but I did. My baby was 3.5 kg (so just average) but I have read many, many accounts of those with larger babies delivering naturally jut fine.

  3. #3
    elodienyc is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wanchai
    Posts
    20
    Hi h2o,
    My baby has been big on the scans since the beginning and I am currently 38.5 weeks pregnant. Doctor estimated his weight at 4.2kg last week and I am still hoping for natural delivery since the baby is perfectly positionned for it. I am not a big person to begin with - tall but rather underweight, and my doctor said vaginal birth (with epidural) shouldn't be too much of an issue.
    So we decided to try to go naturally, even if it has to end in an emergency c-section...
    Maybe you can also work out that type of deal with your doctor!

  4. #4
    joannek is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,153
    i don't have any experience similar to yours, but if i were you, I'd get a second opinion from a reputable ob-gyn. Since this is a medical issue, we can only tell you from our own experience. but everyone is different, and so is every case. we don't know how wide your pelvis is (does it really count? i don't know...), etc.

    best to get a second professional opinion. good luck whatever you decide!

  5. #5
    kashismum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    450
    My cynical view is that the Dr is leading you to decide to have a c-section. I've just heard this way too many times.

    I very carefully chose a different Dr for my 2nd as I wanted a normal birth after a c-section. Dr Dawkins was well known for his support of VBACs but he's no longer practising in HK. Not sure who to recommend now.

  6. #6
    joannek is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,153
    i would recommend Dr. Ghosh, very good reputation & very experienced.

  7. #7
    yan88 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    stanley
    Posts
    35
    hi h2o,

    i would suggest you to have open mind of about it. Definately you dont need to decide it now you are only 31 weeks still have at least 9 weeks to go, my doctor only tell me that i need a cs at the end of my 40 weeks which according to hk's medical practic that doctors normally will not allow the pregnancy go beyong 41 weeks. My reason for is that my pevics were still not opened by end of 40 weeks and baby was not droped at that time, so i was told by my doctor that even my pevics open in the fillowing week but there wasnt enough time for the baby to come down within his allowing time (41weeks). However, i was fine with the cs anyway. Anyway, i believe your doctor is trying to convince you to have cs, i think you shoud have an other opinions//

    good luck.

  8. #8
    jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    208
    Hi

    My own experience was I gave birth to my 1st child naturally w/o epidural and she was 4.2kg. But I was very young then. I think you still have time to think about it and make the decision later.

    I have to go for c-section this time becuase of complication and I am 33 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TMI - but really need help/advice
    By MilkMonster in forum Family Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 12:53 PM
  2. New to HK and looking for advice
    By katybarrett in forum Playgroups
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 01:23 AM
  3. Need advice please!
    By anne01 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 08:49 PM
  4. New in HK - Need some advice!
    By Tulip in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 12:29 AM
  5. Need DH and some advice
    By NewMover in forum Helper Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Scroll to top