Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to buy PAIL DEODORIZER?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Where to buy PAIL DEODORIZER?

I am using cloth diaper, the urine odor is so strong in our bathroom, sometimes my helper just put the diapers in an open basin. I know it should be in a closed pail.

Are there any pail deodorizer that i can buy? or any tips on how to remove the smell? i wash the load every 2-3 days.

Thanks.

joannek is offline Registered User
    what i did with my cloth diaper was, i use a large bucket filled with cloth diaper detergent water. after every nappy change, rinse under running water & throw in pail to soak, wash them in the washing machine EVERYDAY! there's lots of bacteria in urine, so cloth nappies shouldn't be left overnight without being washed. your bathroom will be filled with germs in the morning! especially if you have a helper, washing the cloth nappies in the machine at the end of the day, then throwing them in the dryer is not too complicated.

as for pail deodoriser, i used it to spray in my diaper pail (for disposable nappies, cos i eventually gave up on cloth nappies cos they leak like mad). Nature's organic make one which is quite nice. health-gate sells nature's organic but i don't know if they carry the pail deodoriser.

Matty is offline Registered User
    I use a cheap plastic box with an airtight lid which I bought fom Japan Home Centre, that way, any smell is contained in the box.
    I also use a few drops of tea tree oil on a baby wipe, placed inside the box to help lessen the smell.

I don't bother to rinse the nappies and they are washed every 2nd day.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    It's now in closed lid garbage can, i've put a small towel with white vinegar, so far, so good, i'm washing it every 2nd day too. The problem now is how to potty trained him, he's 2 years old, been on cloth nappy when he was small but shifted to disposables after a year as he pees more often, and now, it's back to cloth hoping that he will be trained soon.

I'll try that tea tree oil, Matty, where do you get that?Thanks.