Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pamela Youde?

hannah.e.law is offline Registered User

Red face Pamela Youde?

I've just found out I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first child. I would like to go the public route with the delivery and have found that Pamela Youde is the hospital I would go to, as I live in North Point.

I did a search of previous posts, but they were rather dated. Has any one had any experience with Pamela Youde in the last year or so? Good or bad, I'd like to know.

Also, what is the normal procedure for booking? Do I really need to book right away? Or should I wait for my first antenatal visit with them? Is it possible to be shown around before making a booking? I'd kind of like to see where I'm going to be delivering, etc.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated, as I am a little nervous about somehow missing the boat and not getting things done when they should be. Thanks!

miaka is offline Registered User
    i had both of mine at Pamela Youde. the first in 2006 and my second this feb 2008. both times i was pretty happy w/ their service. i think the first time i really didn't have any expectation. they now have private rooms available, so a big plus the second time around.

if you already have a first appointment w/ them then essencially you have "booked" a place in their hospital. i didn't take a tour, but you can always ask at your appts if and how it can be arranged.

just btn the 2 yrs i was there, changes in their protocol have occured for the better such as ... longer time at your first ultrasound and open to birth plans. however, don't expect a lot of 'newer' methods to be instilled such as water labor.

their standard is to give an episiotomy and nurses might give you some bull**** reason about asian women being small and must have it. i had it both times but remember it's your choice.

i got a mix of nurses ... some were the kind that yelled at you like your mother would and others were very sweet and caring. i'm sure that's the case anywhere in the world.

hope that helps.