Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can agencies help find DH already in HK?

persephone984 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by DPinHK View Post
    Thanks Persephone for the recommendation,
    but I don't know how to get all the paperwork done, is that difficult to do on my own?

i have processed my own visa to work here as a nanny, its quiet straight forward,

you get a copy of the contract from IMMG. theres a yellow booklet there that wold give you a list of all the documents you need. just follow and then pass to IMM..

they will give you further instructions.

say if your hiring a terminated helper.. both of you will sign the contract, then fill out the forms, have it verified by the php consulate assuming she is filipino, pass to IMMG, then she goes off home, to wait for the visa whoch would take somewhere between 4-6 weeks. in my experience it has been always 3-4 weeks.. then you send her the visa and a copy of the contract and her plane ticket FROM HER PLACE OF ORIGIN TO HONG KONG via speedpost or ur courier of choice. she then have to have her contract and documents verified by the nearest regional POEA office have her medicals, exit seminars, the first aid training, and the cantonese training, TESDA assessment.

she has to pay $100US for her contract to be verified byt poea and $25US for her owwa membership, you can either have her pay it then u reimburse her here, or you can give her the cash when you send her the documents.

after this is done she can fly to hk. the final process of her doing the seminars and medical exam will take about 4-6 days.

Lucylou is offline Registered User

WE used Overseas Employment Agency. They have a website where you can view the resumes of the helpers and there is a choice of viewing overseas or helpers already in HK. You put your helpers in a 'shopping basket' on the website and then the agency will get back to you as to whether they are still available and when they are in the agency for an interview. There are lots of helpers at the agency (off Queens Road Central) who are waiting to be interviewed by prospective employers. The agency then deal with all the paperwork. We hired our helper from there and we are really really pleased with her. :o)

carang is offline Registered User

there is another popular forum website that has a section devoted to FDH's. they run a kind of agency, whereby they do not charge the FDH's excessive fees...

if i had to do it again, i would probably use their service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12