Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

baby ECZEMA - any advice on products?

pangmei is offline Registered User
    My 5 month old baby also has eczema. My dad is a dermatologist and says the best thing is to moisturise every few hours (I do it at every nappy change), and after bath when the skin is still slightly damp. In terms of products, he says they are all much of the sameness, but try to go for a fragrance free moisturiser, e.g. QV, Cetaphil. I've been using QV and find that it works quite well. He also says there's no need to use bath oils or soaps as they tend to dry out skin, just water is best. As for hydrocortisone, use sparingly and only if the eczema is quite bad.

mosmom is offline Registered User
    avene cold cream has worked wonders for us. unfortunately, i haven't seen it anywhere in hk yet. i'm buying mine from switzerland (resp. my parents send me supply over). cetaphil lotion has proved okay too, so has oilatum cream.
    i now use the steroids cream without hesitation when my daughter starts to scratch more severe areas. it is, after all, the only thing that brings instant relief. her skin has substantially improved, however, with the avene cold cream.

nb: different products have different effects on different people. so, you really can only try out what's available in the market :(

clowe77 is offline Registered User
    Hi Yan88 and Mumbloxy - thanks for your advice! I hope your babies are doing better. Eczema sucks!!

Actually I took my 6mo old to our family doc yesterday who suggested (in addition to some creams) that we do a hair analysis on my baby to determine the "metallic component" in his body as a way to figure out what he may be allergic to. Anyone heard of or had your baby do a hair analysis before??

clowe77 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Pangmei and Mosmom! I tried QV yesterday and it seems to be working... any thoughts on doing a hair anaysis?

Portia is offline Registered User
    Mosmom - Some Avene products are available in HK. I bought some from a little store on D'Aguilar street (across from Century Square) in Central. I'll look next time I pass by because I can't remember the address and it's upstairs in an office building, but they often have an advertising board/banner outside showing their products. I really like Avene products too - esp the Eau thermale spray which seems to help soothe my LO's eczema.

tet
    tet is offline Registered User
    My 3month old son has eczema on his face and neck. The pediatrician we saw gave him hydrocortisone and aqueous creme. So far, we've only used the aqueous creme after bathing and his skin has improved. The dryness and hives on his face are gone while the worse ones on the neck have subsided a little. We are very cautious in using hydrocortisone since it contains steroid, even if just a little, because i have heard about "addiction" and becoming "desensitized" to it. So we are "reserving" the use of it if it becomes worst.

aussiegalz is offline Registered User

eczema relief

Hi all, I have a baby girl who is suffering from eczema since bith, and the typicla creams just don't cut it. I was on a trip to england earier and foudn out about this water called willow water, many people suffering from eczema has praised about it. I contacted the manufacturer and found out there is a distributor in HK.

I have been ordering the order for few months for my baby and I notice huge improvement in her condition. The ezcema is still present, but she is not as dry, itchy, or red, so I thought i woudl pass along the information to you, as I don't see the distributor doing much to promote this product. Anyway, they do free deliveries, and i am receiving that services, their website is www.aliveasia.com.hk, I hope this will help.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Am wondering, you bathe your baby in the water? or you make her formula up with it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast