Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Changing units vs tables?

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    We always used the bed or couch with a change mat- it was the most convenient and good training for taking the baby around hk where there are never any change tables when you need them!

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    even better....THE FLOOR! or the bed!
    they're free....the baby will not roll off of the floor (could off of the bed)....saves space, you already have both...if you put a changing mat down, then you don't have to worry about cleaning it... doesn't need any extra dusting....

really there are so many things out there that the "baby shops" make everyone think they MUST have, it's crazy...

yes, i bought a changing table when i was preggers with #1... after about 2-3 months, we were only using it for storage!

with #2, used the floor. MUCH easier and saved $$$...
    I've done the floor and bed thing from the beginning and they are free and simple....we actually do not have a changing table at all but, that is the one "luxury" item I would have willingly splurged on because I do have some back issues and to be changing diapers that way, where you have to kneel down and bend over, day after day, has not been a good thing for my spine. Whenever I am at a place that has a changing table I am like, "Oh! This is so nice!"

miaka is offline Registered User
    Chai Wan
    we do the floor, couch and bed. our stroller could recline so we sometimes used that and sometimes we just put 2 chairs together.

Sucellia is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I used latter (changing table which can be fixed on cot) when my baby was younger and could not roll over. But once he managed to roll over, I decided to change his nappy on the floor or on our bed so chance of him falling off from changing table is less.

But everyone has different preference and there is no right and wrong answer here. Whatever works for you is the best!

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    we use a table that can go on top of the cot. the table seems ideal, but can really only be used up until the child can flip themselves - this could be as early as 5 monts. we now just leave the unit on the floor since our 9 month year old son is so active now. the cot topper is also easier to store once you are finished using it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12