Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Abacus, HK preschool and KCIS

cckwok is offline Registered User

Abacus, HK preschool and KCIS

Hi. Does anyone here can share your comments on Abacus, HK preschool and KCIS? I am thinking of sending my son to one of these schools.

e-mum is offline Registered User
    My son has been attending K1 in HK Preschool (Royal Ascot) since Sept. Not sure if you're only interested in the one in Kowloon Tong?

So far him seems to like it. There's one English teacher & one Chinese teacher. He's already started learning phonics. They have a Reading scheme (one Chinese book, one English) in which you are suppose to read w/ your child every week. They recently had a phonics workshop for parents to attend to help them teach their children phonics which was good. Can't really comment that much more on it b/c my son gets the school bus so don't get to meet the other mothers to see what they think.

noc
    noc is offline Registered User
    I've been thinking about HK Preschool (Royal Ascot) too - which primary do kids normally proceed to?

e-mum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by MayC View Post
    Hi, my daughter was there for pre-nursery (the year before K1) - Royal Ascot.

She hated it. There were lots of homework and the teachers were strict. Having said that, however, students at the school do get into very good primary schools later.

We switched her to Anchors in Taipo and she absolutely loves her current school. Anchors is much brighter and the teachers are friendlier. Anchors is becoming very popular since the new campus opened at Constellation Cove.

I've heard good things about KCIS from a friend who sends both of her kids there.

I've never heard of Abacus, I'm afraid.

There's also a good school called Zebedee (english kindergarten) that's newly opened in Taipo. My friend is sending her son there and they are so happy with the school. Small classes and qualified loving teachers. What more can you ask, right? ;-)

Good luck. It really depends on what you're looking for. Maybe visit the schools to get an idea.
    Hi MayC,

I was surprised to hear that your daughter got so much homework at pre-nursery since my son only gets one homework every Friday and that's only drawing on dotted lines! Apart from the Reading scheme and some flash cards that's it. Maybe they reduced the homework since your daughter left.