Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

What travel bed for a one year old baby ?

Frenchy is offline Registered User

What travel bed for a one year old baby ?

We are going to Europe beginning of next year, our son will be one year and 4 months old by then... we don't have a travel cot and we will be moving between different places and family appartments, in which we won't always have enough place for a travel cot, at least a normal one.
    As you can imagine, at this age, a baby is moving a lot, walking maybe, standing up etc....
    He has always been sleeping in his own bed, so we don't plan either to take him in our bed.
    What sort of bed would you be using in that case ? any small/foldable/light/solid bed ? does it exist ?
    Any suggestion is welcome !
    Thanks in advance ')

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Hmm, not sure which travel cot because we always request a crib in the hotels we stay at, but a tip for traveling - Bring your baby's own bed sheets that are clean, but unwashed so it has a familiar smell. We use a grobag so we always bring that along too, as well as my son's sleep toy (he has a few, so I ask him to pick 2 when we travel) and a sleep blanket that he likes to hold onto when he sleeps at night.

So far we have not had any problems when we travel and he seems pretty happy to see his own sheets and toys when we put him to bed away from home.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the tips ! I've found a BabyBjorn Travel Cot at B2B, which is great, small, light, solid (up to 3 years old), and very easy to open/close... not the cheapest, but anyway we needed one, so no choice. I will for sure think about his own sheets and sleep toys !

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    Frenchy, what is your opinion of your Baby Bjorn travel cot? I am also looking for a travel cot that will last for a few years. My LO is now one. We just got back from a trip and learned the hard way that you cannot always trust the cribs you get in hotels (even top hotels). Now I am looking for something to take on our next trip. My most important requirement is lightweight (besides safety of course).

Anyone have any good recommendations? I was just looking at the Phil and Ted's one. Anyone used that one?

jaceesperanza is offline Registered User
    I have baby bjorn travel cot. It's what we use when we're traveling with our tot. It's only 5kgs and is very easy to set up take down is also a breeze and it's stable as well. I personally think that it's better than the Phil and Ted's.

snagito is offline Registered User
    We've used a LittleLife travel tent, weighs only 2.6 kg and is so practical.. has been very useful to us.

I'm actually selling it second-hand so if anyone's interested send me a PM
    - you can check the photos/details out at this link:

Littlelife Twin Arc Travel Cot @ The Tent Team

donkey is offline Registered User
    We have a baby bjorn travel cot and our son has been sleeping in it for 3 months now and he has no problem with it at all. He is 13 months old. I think this is the lightest one you can get in Hong Kong. Phil and Ted has one which is 3kg but not sure if you can find it in HK.

It is expensive but worth it in terms of quality and weight.

TeamNZ is offline Registered User
    snagito

I have sent you a PM