Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bathing during winter

fennho is offline Registered User

Bathing during winter

HI there

Just a quick check with mommies

Do u all still bathe your babies during winter at night? May seem a silly question, but right now, my baby's bedtime routine is bath, PJs, story and nursing. I'm from Singapore where it's sunny all year round (no winter) so i'm wondering can i still bathe my gal in the evening when it's freezing cold (even in HK's winter which is considered mild). Or should i just give her a wipe down? Thanks!

spockey is offline Registered User
    Mine's was a winter bub. Has had a bath all through winter since he was born. He loves being in the steamy hot bath... Our home is heated though... both in Oz and HK.

kinghk is offline Registered User
    we use heater to heat up the room first before taking my baby for a bath

MLBW Guest
    We bathed him in a really warm tub of water and had a little heater thing in our bathroom that we turned on--afterward, wrapped him up well in a towel and had a space heater nearby. He never once got sick this past winter even though it was the coldest for South China in 50 years or more! I'm from a place where it snows in the wintertime and since I grew up with it, I could probably take a cold shower and still be fine--your baby will do just great--he isn't used to warm Singapore so to him, HK is normal :)

geomum is offline Registered User
    My baby was born in early March and it was still litte cold. I used to put a heater in the bedroom and after the bath wrap her in a towel quickly. I believe babies always sleep better after a warm bath :)

carang is offline Registered User
    we also run a space heater into the bathroom and they have a nice warm bath or shower.

we take all the clothes etc into the bathroom so that they are in their pj's and robes before they come out of the bathroom.

clowe77 is offline Registered User
    i would think that in cold weather a nice warm bath would be even more vital before bedtime! i know that most HK apartments like ours lack good insulation/heating so i am always freezing in the evenings and only a good hot shower can make me feel better and ready for bed. crawling under my cold covers without a hot shower was always unfathomable! i imagine babies would feel the same way...

carang is offline Registered User
    i heat my own bed up before i get into it with a little electric heating pad... i may use it for a few minutes before i put the kids into their beds this winter, too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast