Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pediatric Dentist for baby - which one please....

jaetee is offline Registered User

Pediatric Dentist for baby - which one please....

My 21 mo has what I think is early childhood caries on her front teeth - she has streaky white bits, and some light brown/dark yellow near the gumline. :(

We do brush her teeth after each meal - either we brush or she brushes them herself.

I need to bring her to a dentist who can get her to open her mouth - we try at home, but she doesnt "imitate" us by yawning or opening her mouth when we do. :(

I called Dr. Raymond Lee's office (Pacific Dental Care) because he is nice and does see kids - but the receptionist said they have no tricks to get kids to open their mouths, it is up to the kids and the parents.

Would a pediatric dentist have more "tricks" to get such a young toddler to open their mouth?

Any suggestions for the pediatric dentist - I have read about Denise Giles and Endorra Tang on this forum, are they still the ones to see?

Thanks for any advice. :)

jaetee is offline Registered User

bump please. thank you.

snagito is offline Registered User

Hi! We took our son (then aged around 26 months) to see Dr Lee (just for a check-up) but he of course refused to open his mouth and was quite petrified about the whole thing! Dr Lee is really great and patient. What we did was get my son to watch my dental exam and then he went back another time with my husband too. Also borrowed a book 'Dora goes to the dentist' from the library - so now he's very aware of what going to the dentist is about and regularly plays 'dentist' with his toy animals and baby sister. We are hoping to take him back soon for an exam and I do (said she hopefully!) think all this preparation will make a difference. I know my little one is older than yours, but thought I would share in case helpful for you. Dr Lee's office is great - DVD's of Elmo brushing teeth, books, generally a comfortable atmosphere for toddlers.