Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Postnatal Home visits

Aber97 is offline Registered User

Postnatal Home visits

Has anyone used the postnal home visit services provided by the "The Family Zone" and Annerly Midwives? if so, how do the two compare? Would like to hear any comment from parents who have used them. Thanks.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I had Yvonne Heavyside from the Family Zone visit after my LO was born. She was very reassuring and has good commonsense. It was also helpful that she is a qualified lactation consultant.

izzy is offline Registered User
    I used Annerley midwives Hulda and Deborah and I find the home visits very useful especially for a first time mom.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    I had Yvonne Heavyside come to my house for private prenatal lessons before I gave birth. She was very good about prepping me for what to expect (i had an elective c) and - more importantly - in preparing me for what i should know about breastfeeding. It's partly thanks to her (and also the great nursing staff at Matilda) that i have been so successful at exlusively breastfeeding my son.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Couldn't have survived without Yvonne after the birth, I had daily visits to get the feeding right (utlimately couldn't, but her support was invaluable).

Portia is offline Registered User
    I would also second what peainpod said about it being partly thanks to Yvonne that breastfeeding was successful. I BF'd my LO for 15 months. I actually had Yvonne come to visit me when I was still at Adventist hospital and she was able to help me get the BF'ing off to a good start.

Gumboots is offline Registered User
    Hi

I had Hulda and Jane from Annerley for postnatal visits after the birth of my son a couple of months ago. I have been lucky not to have any major problems with breastfeeding but I still completely credit them with keeping us on track and making the whole process as smooth as possible.

Learning to breastfeed successfully with your baby is hard work (but very rewarding)! Hulda made me feel like she was always keeping an eye on us and just a phonecall away - and I did call a couple of times!!

I can't recommend Hulda and Jane highly enough - particularly if you are in HK without your family as so many people are.

Good luck!