Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

kindergarten interviews

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

kindergarten interviews

hello everyone

is there anyone here who think of training your kid (mine 2yr old) for a kindergarten interview?

i just think this is horrible, but this is what my son needs to go for next month for a place in K1 next year?

WHat should i do to train him up?

any help?

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User
    I have sent him to pre-nursery school.

I am thinking of sending him one now, are there any good recommendations and cheaper ones in TST or kowloon area

What kind of kindergarten are your looking for? Most of the famous kg has finished all the interview sessions for 2009 entry in Nov. I hope your kid is doing well in the interviews.

I'd suggest sending kid to pre-nursery school as:
    1) My son was very shy. After he attended PN schools for 3 months, he'd greet with strangers and say goodbye.
    2) He learns a lot of words (Chinese and English)
    3) He has improved in his fine motor skills

kindergarten interview

thanks

my son has finished his interview, and he's accepted to one of the school, called Deborah international kindergarten, some say it's good, but still seeing if other kg will also accept him.

Now , i'm really thinking of sending him to a pre-nursery, does anyone think the one in YMCA in Tst a good one?

YMCA is an international kg, no pre-nursery class (2 years old) there. My friend's kid has joined YMCA's playground before going to St. Catherine international KG. She said YMCA was good.

bbvv is offline Registered User
    A couple of interviews my son did was testing to see if he can answer or know what were being asked. My son did not speak much and mostly pointed.

Some questions asked were:
    -what's your name
    -how old are you
    -if one of the parents sitting in, they asked him who I was
    -pushing a car to mummy, to the teacher
    -putting back toys in the box
    -3 items were shown, e.g an orange, a cup and a ball, teacher asked him to give the items to her
    -pictures of a bed, sofa, fridge and TV were placed infront of him, teacher asked him to point to the items asked
    -body parts such as eyes, nose and mouth

I think you should not stress out too much over the interviews - the above questions were everyday things we taught our son in both english and cantonese and they do pick up very easily. He got rejected by one kindy and not sure whether or not this was because he did not say much although he did get all the other things correct. My son can only say single and double words -am waiting the day he can have a conversation with us. Don't know how the kindy used what to decide on accepting or rejecting. There were over 1000 applications for 400 places!