Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Canossa Hospital

maryanahunt is offline Registered User
    I gave birth at Canossa mid. September. I am very pleased, that I choose this hospital.Private room, staff attendance, accounting department, meals provided, free baby bathing class- everything was great. My baby stayed in the room with us.You may buy belly belt and nipple cream there, both are essential and works wonders. I would definitely recommend this hospital. If you have any questions, feel free to send me PM.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Maryanahunt,

Congratulations! i just want to ask how breastfeeding friendly they are. These are questions if you did BF.....How many minutes before they bring baby to your room to BF? Do they bring baby to your room regularly to BF? or you go to BF room?

Aber97 is offline Registered User
    Well I gave birth earlier than scheduled in the end. I stayed in a private room. Yes the baby can stay in your room most of the time, they don't really encourage over night stay but you can do so if you really insist. I had the baby in my room most of the time apart from a few hours at night when I needed sleep. They are very breastfeeding friendly, however due to a shortage of staff, they can't always give you individualised help and I guess you should know what to ask for in order to get what you want e.g. have the baby fed by a cup feeder should he/she need formula supplementation. I recommend having your own lactation consultant visit you during your hospital stay if you have problems. They do bring the baby to your room to breast feed, even during the night. I didn't go to the breast feeding room but just because I had my own room and also brought my own pump (but they can give you all the sterised bottle etc for that). On the whole, the service is very good, you may very occasionally get one or two grumpy nurses but the rest of the staff are great. Contact customer service before you go to find out what you can and cannot do.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Aber for your reply. I may not opt for single room so it must be different case as i heard they won't bring baby to the room, but it doesn't matter as long as they are BF friendly.

How about the food? is there a canteen/restaurant there for husband? i ask it last time but i did not understand the reply. How's their food for moms?

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I just confirm what Aber97 said, I had exactly the same experience, but hopefully had someone to help with the first BF, and also my own lactation consultant.
    About the food... don't know if there is any change as I gave birth one year ago, but it wasn't really the best.... not much choice and not really tasty. I think I remember there is a cafeteria downstairs, but looking at what I was eating, my husband has never been tempted ;) !

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    And by the way, congratulations Aber97 !!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12