Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Prenatal Yoga

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Prenatal Yoga

Hi! I'm currently in my second trimester and would like to know people's thoughts on prenatal yoga. I've never really done yoga but have heard that prenatal yoga would be great for the mom. What are people's experiences with it and can anyone recommend a good place for prenatal yoga on the Hong Kong side (preferably on the weekend or at night as I work)? Thanks!

Dink is offline Registered User

Hi there - I go to Pure Yoga on Wyndham Street. Their prenatal classes are good and v. popular, I always feel better after going. I do a lunchtime class on Thursdays but I believe they have weekend classes too.

lalligirl is offline Registered User

Hi, I also really enjoy prenatal yoga. I had only done yoga once or twice before getting pregnant, but found it easy to get into & enjoy. I feel really refreshed & relaxed after it.
    I go to Yoga Limbs in Sheung Wan and enjoy it. They have a saturday afternoon class (1:30pm) and a wednesday evening class (around 6:30, from memory...). It might be worth checking out a couple of different classes casually to find one that suits you, before committing to some kind of membership.

kmalia is offline Registered User

I practiced yoga a bit before getting pregnant, and since my second trimester have been attending the Tuesday/Thursday lunchtime classes at Pure Yoga on Wyndham street (Centrium bldg).

Prenatal Yoga is amazing for relaxation, preventing swelling, sore feet, sore back teaching you possible birthing positions and breathing that will help during labor!

Pure Yoga in Causeway Bay has a class at 8:15pm on Monday nights I think.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll look into classes at Pure Yoga and Yoga Limbs next week!